Help! Tape to cover servo wires?

jpot1

Elite member
Working on fixing up an old Parkzone Corsair. Replacing all the servos so I pulled off the old tape covering the wire runs. Curious what others use to cover the wires? Looking for something that will stick and that I can paint to blend in. Thx!

Bricks

Master member
I usually try and find colored tape that is close to the color of the plane. Paint does not like sticking to scotch tape. Not as neat but you can use regular masking tape not as clean looking but will take paint.

DKchris

Bit late answer, I know, but back when I was a kid you could get rolls of adhesive brown paper tape for closing/edging parcels at the post office. It's probably self adhesive by now, the stuff you got back then had the same kind of adhesive on it as stamps, so you had to wet or lick it to put it on. Tasted awful, but was rather cheap. I'd have to think it would be the perfect product for fixing surfaces on the waterproofed FB? I still see it every now and then on overseas packages from both asia and the US, so I would assume this product still exists?

I also found something along those lines on the walmart homepage: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Masking-Tape-Kraft-Paper-Brown-2-20PJ16/171490355

Andrew

G'day Mate
I like to use "Micropore" tape. It sticks very well to balsa and foam , I even use it for hinge material and being paper based, paint sticks to it very well.