Taranis 9xD plus to control a rover

jlsayed

Hi every one,

how I can set up my Taranis 9xD plus to control a rover which is 2 DC geared motors controlled by Roboclaw 2x30A and pixhawk 4, receiver is Rx8 frysky, my Taranis already has planes modules my question is how I can use openTx to create a module for a rover ?

Thank you

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
When you create a new model dont use one of the scripts. You exit out and then once you decide what things you need to move and create the control map for what you want to assign channel wise you just edit each channel to what ever mates to what you plugged in to the receiver.

Like forward movement on right stick pitch axis, body twist on roll axis, drive train forward and reverse on throttle channel, head pan on yaw axis. Sounds on switches, animation sequences thru scripts.. With the open tx and some time you can make a robot do anything you want. If you want FPV then you could use head tracking in the goggles to move the head around and see things around you.

jlsayed

When you create a new model dont use one of the scripts. You exit out and then once you decide what things you need to move and create the control map for what you want to assign channel wise you just edit each channel to what ever mates to what you plugged in to the receiver.

Like forward movement on right stick pitch axis, body twist on roll axis, drive train forward and reverse on throttle channel, head pan on yaw axis. Sounds on switches, animation sequences thru scripts.. With the open tx and some time you can make a robot do anything you want. If you want FPV then you could use head tracking in the goggles to move the head around and see things around you.

@PsyBorg you are awesome mate...thank you so much