Taranis Q X7 Battery Run Time

RCdiy

RCdiy
http://rcdiy.ca/taranis-q-x7-battery-run-time/

I’ve posted an article and a video going over run time tests using different batteries with the Taranis Q X7. A the end of the of the post and video I provide two simple formulas. The first calculates the required battery capacity to meet a run time requirement. The second calculate the expected run time based on battery capacity.

Last edited:

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Nice study mate. Something like this should be put into an article here so it is on record and easily searched. Its nice people are expanding the hobby with things like this but things happen and personal sites tend to drop like flies and good information gets lost. Posting it to a more centralized and permanent place like FT will ensure it gets out to even more people and has less chance of getting lost over time.

RCdiy

RCdiy
I've created an account and submitted an article for approval.
When and if I receive positive feedback on my forum posts I'll create the article on flite test as well.

Nice study mate. Something like this should be put into an article here so it is on record and easily searched. Its nice people are expanding the hobby with things like this but things happen and personal sites tend to drop like flies and good information gets lost. Posting it to a more centralized and permanent place like FT will ensure it gets out to even more people and has less chance of getting lost over time.

pressalltheknobs

Posted a thousand or more times
+1 cool thx. Interesting to see the prediction that a 3S with the same capacity as a 2S(equivalent) will give a longer run time, proven in practice.

RCdiy

RCdiy
I submitted my article and have not heard back. It has not been approved and I have not been told why.
Once before an article of mine was not approved. This was one of the contributing factors to me creating my own website. I would have preffered to post all my content on flitetest.

I've created an account and submitted an article for approval.
When and if I receive positive feedback on my forum posts I'll create the article on flite test as well.

French

Construire Voler S'écraser Répéter
I was JUST looking for something like this!!! Thank you for bumping it. Very helpful.