Taranis X9D Plus 2019 No D8 mode!

Jords27

Hi all!
I’ve recently purchased a newbee drone which requires D8 mode. I’ve watched many videos on flashing new firmware on to the radio, which hasn’t been successful in terms of reactivating D8 mode. Apparently it’s been turned off and by not checking the eu box before flashing allows you to turn it back on. I’ve run out of ideas. It would be great if someone could help me. I’ve got a Taranis X9d plus 2019. The only mode I have is d16.
Thanks Jordan

FDS

Elite member
I don’t think any model of 2019 Frsky radio is supporting D8. That’s why people are buying the Jumper T16 instead.
If you don’t want to return the radio you can put an external D16 receiver on most of the micro drones, the XM+ receiver is pretty small and is D16, can also be flashed with EU LBT firmware to match your radio.

Jords27

I don’t think any model of 2019 Frsky radio is supporting D8. That’s why people are buying the Jumper T16 instead.
If you don’t want to return the radio you can put an external D16 receiver on most of the micro drones, the XM+ receiver is pretty small and is D16, can also be flashed with EU LBT firmware to match your radio.
Thank you! :)

Reactions: FDS

RustySocket

I can take a look in companion and see if there is an opentx bin that will work if your open to flashing your radio. I just moved my X9D+ from 2.09 to 2.2.4 mine is not the 2019 model though. Do you have Companion on your computer and are you open to try to flash the radio?

What firmware and bootloader are on the radio now?

RustySocket

Looks like OpentX companion 2.3.0 and above support the x9D+ 2019 transmitter. I loaded it up and selected your radio. The option to flash it with a non eu bin is there but I didn't actually attempt to go find the bin file. If you are patient and willing there are lots of great videos on youtube and also tons of step by step procedures to do the upgrade on OpenTX. Now, I don't know what the limitations of the bin file so it may or may not be possible to Get D8 activated. I do know that on my non 2019 I do have the option to generate a non eu flash by unchecking the eu box before grabbing the bin file.

one other thing you can try rather than actually flashing your transmitter is to open companion and set it up as though you were going to flash your transmitter but don't connect it. Go through the option and download the bin file. Then inside the same directory as the companion exe there is also a transmitter simulate .exe you can run that and flash the simulated transmitter and then see if the option you need is available in the radio setup. That is pretty safe because your not doing anything with your transmitter.

Reactions: FDS

Tarvi

After watching just about every FliteTest YouTube video I am exited to get back into RC again after 25 years.

I bought an x9d+ 2019 and a TinyHawk 2 not realizing it wouldn't bind because the transmitter doesn't support D8. I was able to flash the firmware (leaving off the eu switch) and still no D8 option. I should also point out that in order to flash the stock controller you need to purchase an SD card and write it from there. From what I can tell, the 2019 will just not support D8.

Happily, I found an XJT module on eBay and it was super easy to install and configure and bind . Everywhere else I checked had the XJT back ordered.

After binding and getting my channels right, I'm just waiting for my batteries to charge.

raseckuat

After watching just about every FliteTest YouTube video I am exited to get back into RC again after 25 years.

I bought an x9d+ 2019 and a TinyHawk 2 not realizing it wouldn't bind because the transmitter doesn't support D8. I was able to flash the firmware (leaving off the eu switch) and still no D8 option. I should also point out that in order to flash the stock controller you need to purchase an SD card and write it from there. From what I can tell, the 2019 will just not support D8.

Happily, I found an XJT module on eBay and it was super easy to install and configure and bind . Everywhere else I checked had the XJT back ordered.

After binding and getting my channels right, I'm just waiting for my batteries to charge.

Thanks for share this! It was really helpfull.