Taranis X9D Plus Radio Question.

RCIkon

I have a Taranis X9D Plus Radio - Mode 2, But when I go into CleanFlight to check out the Receiver tab settings it shows the left stick is set to Roll. Does anyone know how to make the changes so the Left stick is Throttle and the Right stick is Roll?

Thanks

narcolepticltd

I unbuild stuff regularly
what RX are you using? taranis default is aetr1234... but if you're running something spektrum with a module on the radio, it should be taer1234

RCIkon

When you Say RX are you referring to the receiver type? If so, I have a D4R-ll frsky. Im new to the game and just learning the lingo. :D

eagle4

the good thing about the taranis is you can map each stick to whatever control you want.

are you conneting your d4r2 receiver with ppm? I am guessing that you're using a naze32 board. ppm means you can connect your receiver to your board with just a single cable.

RCIkon

I just figured it out. I ended up mapping the sticks to the order of Ail,Ele,Thr,Rud. Back in business.

Thanks for the help though.

finnen

You can change the channel mapping both in cleanflight and in the taranis. I would change it in cleanflight, but both methods work.

haim

Hi,
Can the X9D Plus work/bind with the old rx V8FR & V8FR-II ?
Now I am using a Futaba 9C with FrSky Module and have lot of these RX's.
Thanks, Haim.

Last edited:

pressalltheknobs

Posted a thousand or more times
Hi,
Can the X9D Plus work/bind with the old rx V8FR & V8FR-II ?
Now I am using a Futaba 9C with FrSky Module and have lot of these RX's.
Thanks, Haim.

No biggie but this post is not really relevant to this thread. In future you might be better starting your own or picking threads more carefully. There is a Taranis discussion thread somewhere.

However, as far as I can tell the Taranis X9D Plus will bind with the V8FR-II.

From here...

https://store.flitetest.com/taranis-x9d-plus/

"Compatibility FrSky X series,D series and V8-ll series receivers"

I don't have one so I cannot test it.

I haven't found anything on the discontinued V8FR. V8-ll rx's can use the D protocol and seem to be supported via the D8 setting on the Taranis, so possibly you would need a older V compatible 'JR' module to use one of the older V series.