Taranis x9D Plus Transmitter & FrSky X8R Rx help!!

kerrycorcoran

New to the transmitter and the hobby in general. I am attempting to setup my FT Guinea with the transmitter and X8R receiver. I have successfully bound the Tx to the Rx.

However, this aircraft has 2 motors and I am unsure what channel to plug the 2nd motor into.

Anyone around to assist?

Thanks,
Kerry

kerrycorcoran

Disregard. I was able to figure out by adding the Input (Throttle2) and assigning to a Mixer it works.

Now I am trying to figure out where I configure the throw limits. Open to any help.

Thanks,
Kerry

pressalltheknobs

Posted a thousand or more times
For two motors usually you add an entry to the Mixes page for the channel you second motor is connected to, say CH5

Then you set [In] Thr as the Source where n is the number of the Thr Input from the Inputs page

That way the Thr stick controls the Input [In]Thr which in turn controls the two Motor channels.

Note that Thr is the raw throttle stick and [In]Thr is the Input name "Thr" after any rates and expo are calculated.

Absolute servo throw limit and direction should be set on the Outputs page. Generally this will be the same as you 100% rate

Rates and Expo are normally set as lines under each stick input on the Inputs page bay. Each line has a different weight 60 80 100 say and is associated with a different switch position SA^ SA- SAv. On gottcha if you use a 3 way switch is to make sure all positions of the switch are defined otherwise the Input will become undefined and anything using it will just center.

tamuct01

I second what pressalltheknobs said. I am using this same combo on my Guinea pig. For the basic throttle coupling he's spot on. The mixes page will be used to "link" the throttle input to the 2 throttle channels. One you have this working you can start fiddling with differential thrust (mixing rudder input to the throttle channels)!

You said you are new to the hobby, so start small and with the basics. The Guinea Pig is a very docile plane on low to medium rates with a wide speed envelope. It was my very first RC plane a couple of years ago, and I still love it!