Help! Taranis XD9 Plus Programming Program

FDS

Elite member
You want OpenTX Companion. Check out Project Blue Falcon set up series on YouTube as well as the above.
You can set everything on the TX without it, firmware is the only tricky bit if you don’t use Companion.

casea4me

Start at the very beginning and work through.
What are you trying to set up first?
Thanks for the reply. I've got the sticks set, time and simple things. Just looking to get all the control surfaces and throttle set now.

FDS

Elite member
That’s not going to be too hard. All you need to do is set the inputs up, if there’s anything beyond the 4 control channels (not sure what default glider set up for throttle is!) then you set them up there, give them a switch etc.
Rates, throws and expo is then done in the mixer screen for each channel, the expo is on the first half of the screen. Dual rates are done by duplicating an input in the inputs screen then changing the rate of the second input and assigning it a switch.
Painless 360 shows how to do this through OpenTX companion very well.
Once you work out the workflow for open TX it makes more sense. This is its downside, in a pre programmed, closed system radio there is a framework for you, with sub menus and labelled functions. Obviously you can’t then work outside the available limits, like some TX’s have only 3 mixes available, but they are easier to see when you start.

casea4me

That’s not going to be too hard. All you need to do is set the inputs up, if there’s anything beyond the 4 control channels (not sure what default glider set up for throttle is!) then you set them up there, give them a switch etc.
Rates, throws and expo is then done in the mixer screen for each channel, the expo is on the first half of the screen. Dual rates are done by duplicating an input in the inputs screen then changing the rate of the second input and assigning it a switch.
Painless 360 shows how to do this through OpenTX companion very well.
Once you work out the workflow for open TX it makes more sense. This is its downside, in a pre programmed, closed system radio there is a framework for you, with sub menus and labelled functions. Obviously you can’t then work outside the available limits, like some TX’s have only 3 mixes available, but they are easier to see when you start.
Thanks! You all given me hope that "it" can actually be done :)

FDS

Elite member
The model setup wizard in OpenTX companion is pretty good, it’s just understanding the workflow that takes a bit of time.
That’s the problem with almost unlimited flexibility, too many options! First model is the hardest. You could also ask around for someone to share a completed model file with you, you can load them off the SD card like anything else, then you could see what the screens look like.
It took me two weeks and one lost plane to figure out how to do DSMX and Safe on my Jumper T12.