Tarot ZYX-M Question

LaDK

Hi.

I've recently bought the Tarot ZYX-M FC due to the similarities to the DJI Naza v2, but I have a couple of questions regarding its installation.
It comes with a PMU, which from I understand it converts the LiPo voltage down to 5V and 12V to power things like gimbals etc.
The PMU connects to the FC itself to supply power to it and the receiver.
I was planning on using some Emax ESC along with it, but its got BEC's built in.

My question is, do I need to remove the red positive wire coming from the ESC to the FC or is it not needed?
If not removed, both the PMU and ESC's are supplying power to the FC.

Thanks
LaDK

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
I haven't played with that flight controller, but pulling the power lead is a common practice. While it may or may not be needed (if it was needed, one of the regulators *might* burn out), so long as it all still works, puling the power wires doesn't hurt.

Easy enough to do, pry up the plastic tab with a knife and pull the lead, then tape or heat shrink it back to the wire. No sense cutting it. keep the change reversible, because you might want to use that ESC on another project in the future.

LaDK

Thanks.

Did just that. Pulled the positive pin out and used some electrical tape to tape it together around the connector. Even looks better now mounted in the Tarot ZYX-M.

Cheers Dan.

jipp

could you post some pictures etc and your opion of the FC when you get her done.. im collecting parts for a tarrot 680 PRO AP machine.. in no hurry to build.. just collecting parts here and there.. i was considering using there FC in my build since its modeler and would make for a nice clean build using there frame.

but i am interested in what it can do etc. i think you will be the first on the forum to use that FC.

good luck with your build.
chris.

LaDK

Sure thing. I'm currently waiting for my TBS Discovery clone to arrive along with motors and ESC's. In the meantime I'll try and test on the Electrohub with Emax 2213 motors. Got it all soldered together yesterday so now all there is to do is get it calibrated and so on.
Unfortunately it doesn't come with a mast for the GPS module so I'll have to be creative to get it mounted.

Btw, do any of you guys have any experience with the Multistar High Capacity Lipos? I bought a 3S 5200 MAH mainly do to the mah/weight ratio but I'm worried the 10C rating will be too low for my rig.
I ran some scenarios in eCalc, but it seem to be okay with a max draw of 11,1C under load. I'm at work so I'll post pics when I get home.

Ocean

Sure thing. I'm currently waiting for my TBS Discovery clone to arrive along with motors and ESC's. In the meantime I'll try and test on the Electrohub with Emax 2213 motors. Got it all soldered together yesterday so now all there is to do is get it calibrated and so on.
Unfortunately it doesn't come with a mast for the GPS module so I'll have to be creative to get it mounted.

Btw, do any of you guys have any experience with the Multistar High Capacity Lipos? I bought a 3S 5200 MAH mainly do to the mah/weight ratio but I'm worried the 10C rating will be too low for my rig.
I ran some scenarios in eCalc, but it seem to be okay with a max draw of 11,1C under load. I'm at work so I'll post pics when I get home.

I have had good experience with the 3S 5200mAh from Multistar. You should be okay with the Emax 2213, I doubt you will pull over 52A in hover.

LaDK

I have had good experience with the 3S 5200mAh from Multistar. You should be okay with the Emax 2213, I doubt you will pull over 52A in hover.

Great. Though I'm not planning on using the Emax 2213's with that battery. That battery was meant to be used with Sunnysky X2412 980 kv motors on my upcoming TBS Discovery clone build.

I've read a bunch of builds on various forums, but I just feel like 10C is a bit too low.

Ocean

Great. Though I'm not planning on using the Emax 2213's with that battery. That battery was meant to be used with Sunnysky X2412 980 kv motors on my upcoming TBS Discovery clone build.

I've read a bunch of builds on various forums, but I just feel like 10C is a bit too low.

What prop do you plan on using? They seem to pull 18A on a APC 1047. However if you are flying slowly or hovering in one place I doubt you will stress the batteries.

LaDK

What prop do you plan on using? They seem to pull 18A on a APC 1047. However if you are flying slowly or hovering in one place I doubt you will stress the batteries.

I've ordered some GWS Slowfly 1045 props for now. Want to get it tuned in before smacking some carbon props on it.
Its planned as an AP quad, which I'll almost never be in manual mode. Primarally Atti and GPS mode.

Snarls

Gravity Tester
Mentor
I'm running a TBS Disco with Sunnysky X2212s, Pixfalcon, 1035 carbon props, and a 4s Multistar 5200mAh battery. I have only been able to do a few test flights, but I've noticed that the battery sags a little more than I'm used to. My only timed flight was about 6 mins with the alarm set at 3.7v/cell. After letting the battery recover it was still at like 3.8-3.9v which is right around the discharge plateau. So I suspect there is a lot more flight time to get from it. I will be doing a lot more flights with it this week so I'll let you know what happens.

LaDK

Finally mounted!

So finally got the Tarot ZYX-M mounted. Couldn't wait any longer. My TBS Disco clone should be here in a couple of days but I wanted to see how it behaves. I mounted it on the Electrohub and it came out pretty nicely. Don't judge the GPS stand. It was the only thing I had laying around and it does the job for the time being.

First flight went extremely well. Attitude and GPS is super accurate and RTH works like a charm. The only thing I had trouble with was to arm it. Spend 30 min. trying to figure out why it wouldn't arm. Turns out the elevator was reversed.
Here is a few pictures of the "finished" build. The FC will be moved to the Diatone White Sheep when it arrives.

Feel free to ask a question. I'll answer it as best I can.

IMG_2154[1].jpg

IMG_2151[1] (1).jpg

IMG_2154[1].jpg