Teaching My Children To Fly - The Diary

dap35

Elite member
Life is just full of surprises that come out of no where! You won’t believe this but suddenly my daughter is showing more interest in flying then my son is. So I have decided to just shift my training attention to whom ever seeks it family or friends and right now it’s going towards my daughter. The other day she tagged along to the field to learn and she flew the overly beat up TT that I had been using to train my son. We flew it until it crash and broke, and couldn’t be repaired anymore. Here is a short video of that day.

Any how she showed much interest so I built her a new TT to practice on, finished last night.

View attachment 173570
View attachment 173572 View attachment 173573
Daughters are The Best!

bibliotcamea

Buddy, you're doing a great job, believe me! You're just a great dad. I am almost completely sure that there is not a single child who would not like to spend so much time with his father, much less learn to fly airplanes. That's great! It exactly resembles my relationship with my father. Although my child is still small, but my child to know that I will definitely study with him. And I will also give him any additional classes that he will be interested in.

Last edited:

mayan

Legendary member
For a long time I have wanted to build the ft piggyback mechanism so I can try to use it to teach my kids to fly. The reason I thought this would be a good idea rather than buddy boxing is because I feel that when ever I take back control of the plan to save it I am actually hurting my children’s confidence. I feel like they get the feeling that I don’t trust their ability to control the plane to avoid a crash and then they just won’t listen to me. Kinda like I am over building their confidence where letting them crash will bring them back to reality and get them in listening mode. Still haven’t been able to get my kids to try it out but a fiend did, check it out.

mayan

Legendary member
Not really my kid but a friend really wanted to try.
The whole time he tried stalling, hoping not to take control, but he had no choice. A while back Idan and myself went buddy boxing. We were flying the FT Bloody Baron and Idan kept stalling not to take control of the plane. Eventually he had no choice though when I just came him control unexpected. Recently I’ve been trying to get more people into the hobby by advising them on builds, electronics and more along side buddy boxing with others. I don’t have a lot of friends as hooked as me into the hobby that live near by so each I get one to join me at the field it’s got to include buddy boxing and a video :).