Team ALLIED FORCES airfield/factory (FTFC'18 WWII group)

Fidget

Found clear vinyl stickers on carstickers.com (there are dozens of similar sites) where we could print the Allied Forces logo at 1.5x3" for about a dollar each if we order 50 or more.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
I'd be happy to chip in $10 to help you put an order together to have some spares - maybe you could bring a stack of 'em to FliteFest and we could sticker 'em all up there :)

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
This thread is awesome, I am thinking of entering but the plane is still in the design stages and I don’t even have electronics or foam, so I might not enter

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
Found clear vinyl stickers on carstickers.com (there are dozens of similar sites) where we could print the Allied Forces logo at 1.5x3" for about a dollar each if we order 50 or more.

Yeah I could manage a ten-er your way somehow. Even if I can't make it to FFE, It would be worthwhile to have them available.

This thread is awesome, I am thinking of entering but the plane is still in the design stages and I don’t even have electronics or foam, so I might not enter

Welcome to Flight Test Forums Ketchup. It shows you just joined us, what is your flight experience? actually you should answer that here, based on your statement I think you JUST started into this hobby, So let me be one of the first to Congratulate you on jumping in, and inviting you to engage in this great positive leaning, supportive community!

This thread has ruined me ;).(Thanks Rockyboy :eek:! ) There are a number of other great ones too. and look in the user generated Challenges to see some other interesting goings on.

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
I think you JUST started into this hobby

Lol actually I have been flying for a year and I can fly the mini sportster with no expo 100 percent rates 😏

Also, I meant that I have no electronics available for the aircraft that I am thinking of, which is the Stearman XA-21

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
Always need some fun banter between forces. Here is a leaflet that can be dropped on our enemies airfields. LOL :D

View attachment 98379

The plane that I am thinking of is a bomber so if I can make it in time for phase 2, I can play a joke on the enemies during the bombing challenge :)

p.s. I am not showing off when I said the sportster comment, just making my point, because I eventually lost the sportster in an inverted spin, so clearly I need more stunt practice

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
For paint I am probably just going to go with plain silver and rivet holes with panel lines. I am using a picture to design anyway so it should be easy. Right?

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
I was not sure where to ask this but since this thread is in the scratch builders area, I decided to ask here. How do I make holes in a plywood firewall to attach the motor, because I found a 60 dollar drill/driver kit at our local Home Depot and I am wondering if I can go any cheaper. Also, a 6th grader (me) should be able to use this method. Thanks!

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
Here's my two-cents: I would use a hole punch for the (for 3-ring binders) on a double plastic/gift card firewall many folks go with. I have used it up to b sized. Otherwise. If you have an art teacher or shop teacher. Bring it in to them, and see if they can help. Also a hand drill works.

also look at a swap sale you may get a perfectly good working one for cheap.

Most adult males (and females) home owners have a small shop in the home. This at a minimum includes drill, hammer and saw. most have more, but those will do the trick.

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
I just decided to use ft firewalls, it is cheaper (no drill) and it is better for the challenge because most people can do the same.

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
Plane entry

Ketchup

XA-21

0348A4CB-4674-446E-B820-804E14E1E79E.jpeg

Build thread here http://forum.flitetest.com/showthread.php?39833-FTFC%9218-WW2-Stearman-XA-21

Wooly44

Well the Kangaroo is a option, even though I can honestly say its damn ugly!
G'day from Australia - long time since you posted this (I just signed up) but I thought I'd add to this thread. The CA-15 'Kangaroo' was originally designed with an R-2800, turbo-supercharged like a P-47. They couldn't get a guaranteed supply of them (if they ever were produced) so it ended up with a Griffon and a P-51-style radiator scoop. The radial engine version looks great btw.

I'm planning on building a few Mighty Mini warbirds then trying to design one of these. Wish a rookie luck...

Attachments

• CA-15 R2800.jpg
    CA-15 R2800.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 0

whackflyer

Master member
G'day from Australia - long time since you posted this (I just signed up) but I thought I'd add to this thread. The CA-15 'Kangaroo' was originally designed with an R-2800, turbo-supercharged like a P-47. They couldn't get a guaranteed supply of them (if they ever were produced) so it ended up with a Griffon and a P-51-style radiator scoop. The radial engine version looks great btw.

I'm planning on building a few Mighty Mini warbirds then trying to design one of these. Wish a rookie luck...
Good luck and welcome to the forums!