Team ALLIED FORCES airfield/factory (FTFC'18 WWII group)

Namactual

Elite member
Can we PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get that on t-shirts!!

Isn't there a webstore that will make shirts and other odds & ends with custom graphics? You are welcome to use a service like that. That was an extremely quick and dirty draft though. :eek: I will do a better proper version when I get the chance.

As far as the paint scheme goes, that will be a hard sell to get everyone on board with the same color.
My vote would be the USN mid-war...
Paint.jpg
That Hornet is HOT! One of my fav pics.

But we might have better luck just going with a common insignia...
Allied Sig V1.jpg
This is just a quick example, I could upload a high res image we could all use. With a version we all could agree on of course.

I am game for a group scheme though, I will just have to build two. ;)

Namactual

Elite member
I think I'm going to have to build one of these Allied designs for Flite Fest just so I can stick that logo on it :)

No promises, but I can probably make an "Axis Herr Gremlin" in time for FFE18. Once the deadline for the contest is over I should have time.

You are more than welcome to join the better team though. :p

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
No promises, but I can probably make an "Axis Herr Gremlin" in time for FFE18. Once the deadline for the contest is over I should have time.

That would be awesome!

You are more than welcome to join the better team though. :p

I almost went Ruski with this challenge, but honestly there must have been more LSD in the German's water supply, cause they came up with a whole lot of cool and wacky airplane ideas. :black_eyed:

Fluburtur

Cardboard Boy
Well, they did put some drugs in the chocolate they gave to the soldiers so they would keep going so I don't see why the designer couldn't get the same.
Exept the soldier didn't know :p

Anyways, I see you got stuff rolling quite nicely!

JGplanes

Just wanted to jump in and say that this is absolutely awesome... Great work guys! I would totally buy more Gremlin Art shirts. It's my favorite of all the FT designs.

JG

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
Isn't there a webstore that will make shirts and other odds & ends with custom graphics? You are welcome to use a service like that. That was an extremely quick and dirty draft though. :eek: I will do a better proper version when I get the chance.

As far as the paint scheme goes, that will be a hard sell to get everyone on board with the same color.
My vote would be the USN mid-war...
View attachment 96414
That Hornet is HOT! One of my fav pics.

But we might have better luck just going with a common insignia...
View attachment 96415
This is just a quick example, I could upload a high res image we could all use. With a version we all could agree on of course.

I am game for a group scheme though, I will just have to build two. ;)

I like the blues, and the pattern of the USN mid-war. which would work well for the flying sub... selfish, i know.
I'm going to to a snorkeled gremlin for the LPLFS. just gotta get these stinking things working right.

MrFowl

WOW I would definitely buy a shirt with that design! :applause:

My plane only ever had a silver (bare metal) trim scheme which I will most likely stick to. I just think it wouldn't look like the Goblin without the Goblin paint scheme. I'm sure I will be building many of these though ...so I'd be willing to make one with a team paint scheme!

I plan on folding up the Goblin today or tomorrow, so get ready for some ultimate fails soon!

MrFowl

I just thought of something else regarding the color scheme.

If we could steer away from a blue/grey belly of the plane that would be much appreciated for visibilities sake, just my 2 cents. I know I already have trouble sometimes with orientation.

(Edited to add pictures)
Maybe we could do the night scheme's, or paint one wing black as an option?

SmartSelectImage_2017-10-19-22-12-15.png
SmartSelectImage_2017-10-19-22-12-47.png

Last edited:

FoamyDM

Hmmm. Ok blue/grey is harder to spot against the sky. A black bottom would set the allied apart. Half black Or full?
I think I need to do a thumbnail sketch page... it always helps me.

The insignia is a good combo of the allied markers... I want something we can all put in the allied planes...

I'm think online here...
Maybe marker colors are country specific, the symbol in the center is an iconized gremlin all over the allied red/Whit vertical striped flag.

Good progress.

Last edited:

Fidget

The XP-81 never it made it past prototype, so it was silver, except for black anti-glare upper nose.
Had late-war stars and bars and simple numbers on the tail.
I did the color printed skins last year, but it was a lot of work, and having made it on New Year's it was completely wrinkled by Flite Fest. So I'm thinking silver spray paint and maybe glue on some paper logos at some point, or get them printed on car-wrap vinyl. (There's a guy from Kenya on the forums who does that and they look awesome.)

I would be game for a coordinated color scheme, but I favorite it being something easy to do in spray paint.

FoamyDM

Any VOTES? Paint Scheme

I agree. It need to be achievable with simple means. (brush, spray paint, or print-out decal).

My vote is Black on the bottom and a chunky patch/stripe pattern on top, (achievable with spray or Paint or tape). or silver with black bottom. I hear silver is TERRIBLE to spot in the sky.

Michael9865

Elite member
Miles M.20 Project

Unfortunately, a family emergency is requiring me to be away from home and in Pennsylvania for a while. If anyone would like to take over the Miles M.20 project, http://forum.flitetest.com/showthread.php?35933-Miles-M-20-Design-amp-Build-Off, let me know and I can forward the SketchUp files, plans, and prints. Or I can collaborate if someone wants to do the building and I do the plans that is fine, I have my laptop and files with me.

FoamyDM

Unfortunately, a family emergency is requiring me to be away from home and in Pennsylvania for a while. If anyone would like to take over the Miles M.20 project, http://forum.flitetest.com/showthread.php?35933-Miles-M-20-Design-amp-Build-Off, let me know and I can forward the SketchUp files, plans, and prints. Or I can collaborate if someone wants to do the building and I do the plans that is fine, I have my laptop and files with me.

As stated on the build thread for this, I'm incredibly sorry to hear. If you PM me the plans I will put it together and see how she blows... I have a spare of each type so I'm ready to go.
I expect some time at the end of this month and the beginning of next month, to have a blast with all these.

Michael9865

Elite member
As stated on the build thread for this, I'm incredibly sorry to hear. If you PM me the plans I will put it together and see how she blows... I have a spare of each type so I'm ready to go.
I expect some time at the end of this month and the beginning of next month, to have a blast with all these.

Thank you so much, PM sent.

FoamyDM

Anyone see new Allied Entries? I found a Turkish glider plane posted on the main challenge page. The plans are pretty detailed.

Michael9865

Elite member
LOL

Always need some fun banter between forces. Here is a leaflet that can be dropped on our enemies airfields. LOL :D

Logo Team Luftwaffe FTFC18 Fodder.png

FoamyDM

BTW - the red text means "Fodder For the The Allied Forces." Thank you Michael 763

Fidget

I agree. It need to be achievable with simple means. (brush, spray paint, or print-out decal).

My vote is Black on the bottom and a chunky patch/stripe pattern on top, (achievable with spray or Paint or tape). or silver with black bottom. I hear silver is TERRIBLE to spot in the sky.

What if we did silver on top and black stripes on bottom, with choice of color between the black stripes? One could then just paint the whole thing silver and add black stripes in paint, packing tape or other tape. Or, one might do red and black stripes to tell their plane from the others.

It's a terrible time to spray pain in Ohio, but I'm working on my second build and starting to think about this again.