Team Luftwaffe airfield/factory (FTFC'18 WWII group)

JollyolBrits

Fortunately the issue of paint schemes for most of these aircraft are not an issue, or markings or anything really. Since most of the aircraft never existed in real life, no 'rivet-counters' (as we call them over here) can complain about the accuracy of the aircraft ;)

Cheers,
JollyOlBrit

JollyolBrits

Also, how about this for a name?

Flugfest Atlantische Experimentell Bombenangriff und Kampfer Gruppen- Das Fliegende Klebepistoles Aufteilung

Literally "FlightFest Atlantic Experimental Bomber and Fighter Group - The Flying Glue Gun Division"

The logo is en pointe by the way, love it.

Fluburtur

Cardboard Boy
Not bad but im not sure planes are big enough to writte all that on them.
Also we should assign roles to each pilot since we have pretty specialized aircrafts. Like squad leader and stuff.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Also, how about this for a name?

Flugfest Atlantische Experimentell Bombenangriff und Kampfer Gruppen- Das Fliegende Klebepistoles Aufteilung

Literally "FlightFest Atlantic Experimental Bomber and Fighter Group - The Flying Glue Gun Division"

The logo is en pointe by the way, love it.

"The Flying Glue Gun Division"

I love it! :applause:

That idea deserves a logo all it's own

FAI-F1D

Free Flight Indoorist
Y'all keep me posted on color schemes...I just finally saw this thread now. So...gonna start building soon!

2017-08-31 08_52_50-DaimlerBenzProjektB.skp - SketchUp Make.png

Fluburtur

Cardboard Boy
Be sure we will, also I posted about that but im looking for someone to help me work on my plane if anyone is interested.

robobob

logo by AircPirateTomadai

Welcome to Team Luftwaffe! If you are here, it's probably because you are building a glorious German plane that never saw action!

To clarify I take it this isn't strictly for planes that never saw action?

I'm looking to build a foamboard heinkel 111 to the same scale as the FT spitfire, which if I have read the plans correctly, has a wingspan of about 1.1m . This would leave me with an absolute beast of a heinkel 111 with a wingspan of 2.25m
Am I slightly crazy????

As for the plan of attack *pardon the pun* for attempting to build such a project, I'll be Looking to do a depron covered, foamboard airframe, probably built similarly to the average balsa model, using 5mm and 3mm board for the framework and applying a paperless 2mm it 3mm depron covering around the outside. I will be creating a separate thread for this project hopefully soon once I have some Cad work to show off.

I'd also love to have a go at designing a logo if the offer is still open, and the logo still wanted?

Fluburtur

Cardboard Boy
Well it looks like the HE111 saw action so it won't fit in the challenge rules but you can still build it for fun of course.

robobob

My sincere apologies. It would seem I completely misunderstood the subject of this thread completely... I thought this was just general thread for people to share german ww2 builds. Ooops, hahaha

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
I have been interested in designing an rc BV -141 and I was wondering what the end goal for the team is and how to join.

Come on in! :applause:

The team is a loosely organized (or not at all organized) bunch of yahoo's doing design & build projects for this challenge: http://forum.flitetest.com/showthre...te-Test-Forum-Challenge-WWII-Design-amp-Build

All you need to do to join in is pick a plane that meets the challenge criteria (which you already did with the BV-141), make a build thread to share your progress & plans, and make post in that main challenge thread announcing your intentions to be a mad scratch builder - at that point you'll be drafted into the team without any further choice in the matter :p

FAI-F1D

Free Flight Indoorist
Fellow team members, have we decided on a color scheme? I kinda need to do some painting soon. ;)

At the moment I'm planning to only attend FF South next year. Please coordinate with me if you'd like to fly a DB at a different event. I might even be able to pass mine off to someone to take to FFE. Any takers?

Fluburtur

Cardboard Boy
Well im going for the late war camo is it seems fit, don't know about others but I guess it will be that too.

Dr. Looping Looie

Elite member
203147.jpg

That painting looks nice

I would like to use Ostfront camo, which is that one with yellow wingtips and underside of the nose, like you see above. I would use that type of Balkenkreutz that is just white because at the end of the war, they had not much time and simplified everything.
maxresdefault.jpg

Also, I started researching and build a simple little P13a glider out of paper and hot glue. Its made out of four parts: right wing, left wing, fin and air intake. Its about 3inch long and has symmetrical airfoils on the wing and the fin. It took me about 10 minutes to build it, but what i found was just amazing: It did a little glide and came down at a 45 degree angle, but it was always level and did just a little high alpha. Then I threw it upside down, because i thought, the heavy fin would pull id down, but it did a half roll and flew straight ahead.
This thing has the best self-leveling in the world!
If the RC plane acts like this little glider, it would be one of the most stable planes.

Fluburtur

Cardboard Boy
I have been reading a bit on wikipedia about the P13a because it looks really weird and yeah, it looks like a very interesting plane. I was thinking the huge fin at the top would cause drag making it pitch up.
Can't wait to see what you do with it, I guess it could make a good slope soaring glider.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Glad to be a part of Team Luftwaffe!
I'm also planning on doing a winter scheme on the top of my Spatz. I'm going to do the JV 44 (Galland's Circus) red and white bottom. He-162s were transferred to this elite unit in the last weeks of the war...so it's not much of a stretch that future D models would be adorned as such.
View attachment 91856 View attachment 91857

I really like the look of this one, and how helpful it will be for orientation too! I think I'll join you in this color scheme for the FW-42 Mini decals.

Thanks!

Fluburtur

Cardboard Boy
One guy in team allies had the idea of making tshirts, I think that's a cool idea so could anyone design a tshirt for team luftwaffe?

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Would love an inspired t-shirt!

While I hope someone else with more artistic talent than I picks up the t-shirt idea and runs with it, I'm working on a first run of the decal for the FW-42. Figured I'd show the progress here - if anyone is interested in trying this themselves, I can post the SVG file so you can copy over the colors, blur levels, opacity, etc to your own plans design.

FW-42 Mini v3 Decal v1.PNG

I'm not particularly skilled with Inkscape (or any other SVG editor) and this is a more complicated design than my Caudron C.460 so progress is a bit slow. :black_eyed:

Last edited:

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I have been talking with a local person here about designing Team Rockyboy shirts but he has yet to get back with me on quotes. I told him the potential for other business here if he can come in at a respectable price point and he seemed excited. Time will tell. I may have to walk up town and poke him with a stick to see where he is at on the work up or if he even took me seriously.