Teaser

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
20180625_200529.jpg

10 points to whoever guesses what's under the hood :)

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Do you guys realize how nerdy we are when we can identify flight controllers by a usb port, a rubber grommet, pad placement and a single component sticking out of a frame?

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
Seckzay!!!

I need to start saving up; I want to build my own. Nothing against my Conspiracy 220; for what it is and what it does, it's a heckuva nice quad considering it's a BNF! But, it'd be nice to have another one with components that are a little upgraded from what I currently have.

Going with a Runcam Split?

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
Seckzay!!!

I need to start saving up; I want to build my own. Nothing against my Conspiracy 220; for what it is and what it does, it's a heckuva nice quad considering it's a BNF! But, it'd be nice to have another one with components that are a little upgraded from what I currently have.

Going with a Runcam Split?

There's nothing quite like taking a box of parts and making it fly, and I enjoy doing the research to find the parts I need. BNF's are fun, I still have and fly my wizard but I love building and configuring stuff.

Most of the parts not pictured are being robbed from my FT210 build including the HS1177 camera with a 2.5mm GoPro lens. I have a Xiomi Yi action camera that I'll use for HD footage. It's not the best but I can buy 5 of them for the price of GoPro ;) I like the idea of the split, maybe the V3 will fix the FPV cam problems I've seen reported... For this build I wanted to re-use as much of the FT210 stuff as I can, I'm only upgrading the FC, VTx and obviously the frame. The motors and ESC's are a little old school (if 2017 is old school lol) but they're in perfect condition and plenty of power for my terrible low skill level ;)

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
Document the build as best ya can for us mate. Always fun to see how others do things.

It will get a build thread for sure once I get the enormous wing out of the way. I also have to do an Apex thread, I maidened that little terror last week, just stalled editing the video. Been flying a lot of planes lately and surprisingly not crashing lol. It's cutting into my build time, which is never a bad thing. Unfortunately the FT210 is the only quad I have running right now so I'm hesitant to rip into it in case I run into Bills law on the Chameleon :devilish:

Here's another teaser:
apex.jpg

kpixels

Antigravity or bust...
Ding ding ding! 10 points for you :)

LOL I wish... I'm pretty sure that to get sponsors you need to be either winning races or 'making a splash' on social media, neither of which holds much interest for me ;) 10 points for making me chuckle though :D

WOOHOO!
Mine's easier to guess.
chamelion-fc-vtx-cam-1080.jpg

I'm still deciding tho. Might wait to see how yours works out...

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
WOOHOO!
Mine's easier to guess.

I'm still deciding tho. Might wait to see how yours works out...

The specs are so similar, I'd at least try the Fortini. I kinda hate that gyro though, I have an old miro lux that uses it and it was a bitch to get the noise out of the quad to where it would even function. Sexy looking start you have going, what else is going in?

kpixels

Antigravity or bust...
The specs are so similar, I'd at least try the Fortini. I kinda hate that gyro though, I have an old miro lux that uses it and it was a bitch to get the noise out of the quad to where it would even function. Sexy looking start you have going, what else is going in?
Thanks, yours is too! I have EMAX RS2205 2300KV and BLHELI_32 30A ESCs (DSHOT 1200) for it. Runcam Eagle 2Pro and thanks to Litterbug got the Tramp VTX (and magic wand). I'm planning on this to be my fpv beater/trainer.
I've also started a Reverb with V2 Kiss and 32bit ESCs, thanks to Psyborg. Have Mr Steele PDB, Lumenier RX2206-11 2350KV motors, Lumenier Runcam Eagle 2Pro and Tramp VTX for it. Will be afraid to fly it! Hoping to find time to work on them.

Last edited:

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
Thanks, yours is too! I have EMAX RS2205 2300KV and BLHELI_32 30A ESCs (DSHOT 1200) for it. Runcam Eagle 2Pro and thanks to Litterbug got the Tramp VTX (and magic wand). I'm planning on this to be my fpv beater/trainer.
I've also started a Reverb with V2 Kiss and 32bit ESCs, thanks to Psyborg. Have Mr Steele PDB, Lumenier RX2206-11 2350KV motors, Lumenier Runcam Eagle 2Pro and Tramp VTX for it. Will be afraid to fly it! Hoping to find time to work on them.

Two very nice builds :) Looking forward to their threads. The Reverb frame looks pretty durable, I wouldn't worry about putting it through it's paces. I have a 4 day weekend coming up, hopefully I can get the Sparrow fixed up and bench cleared to start on the Chameleon. Flying season is waaaaay too short ;)

One last teaser of the monster that ate my bench:

phantom.jpg

kpixels

Antigravity or bust...
Two very nice builds :) Looking forward to their threads. The Reverb frame looks pretty durable, I wouldn't worry about putting it through it's paces. I have a 4 day weekend coming up, hopefully I can get the Sparrow fixed up and bench cleared to start on the Chameleon. Flying season is waaaaay too short ;)
reverb_kiss-v2_steele-pdb-1080.jpg

It's coming together! Only have about 60 solder connections to make and update the firmwares.

@PsyBorg, you should like this one then (miss your posts)...

One last teaser of the monster that ate my bench:
How did your Phantom wing fly?

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
View attachment 110528
It's coming together! Only have about 60 solder connections to make and update the firmwares.

Looking good :)

How did your Phantom wing fly?

It hasn't flown yet... I took it out a couple of weeks ago, but as soon as I got to the field it started raining. This week the weather is looking great so I hope to get it up soon. I did get the Chameleon together and after 3 lengthy troubleshooting sessions had a successful maiden on Friday :D Should have the build thread for that up this weeks as well.