Tek Sumo and Bonsai

Tom O'Connell

Bixler FPV Mods Fantastic
i have to ask, which one to go with. well, which do you prefer?

Anyways i think i will get one of these when i get some money :D
It just looks such a good plane and the price is incredible!

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
If you mean just between these two- the Tek Sumo. It's bigger than the Bonsai but still not a large flying wing.
If you are new to wings the larger size will help you keep your orientation.

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
colorex- a flying wing in general I wouldn't recommend for a complete beginner. Once you've been flying trainers a little while and have your orientation issues worked out they are not really any more difficult to fly than any other plane.
Having said all that, if the wing is built light so it slows down well and you have an experienced pilot to help you out you can and I know several people that have learned to fly with a flying wing.
My 2 cents, start with a trainer ;)

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
colorex- a flying wing in general I wouldn't recommend for a complete beginner. Once you've been flying trainers a little while and have your orientation issues worked out they are not really any more difficult to fly than any other plane.
Having said all that, if the wing is built light so it slows down well and you have an experienced pilot to help you out you can and I know several people that have learned to fly with a flying wing.
My 2 cents, start with a trainer ;)

Bixler for me then :p

Tom O'Connell

Bixler FPV Mods Fantastic
im not new to wings, ive got a mini parkzone stryker and ive built my own
and colorex, it is your decision but a bixler would be a very good option for you

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
Sooooo- Amazing Goop. I'm trying the Goop trick on the leading edge on an EPP Trainer project that I'm doing some testing on for a friend. Once he says it's OK I'll post some pictures and some links.

We are also using Goop to make the hinges. I don't have pics right now, but basically you bevel the edges just like you would for a tape hinge and put a thick bead of Goop on top of the hinge line, spread it out thin with your finger or a credit card and then let it cure overnight. I'll post pics somewhere once I get the go ahead. Have you guys tried this? Makes a very flexible and durable joint!

PaulT

Mentor
The battery is a Turnigy 2200mah 3cell, but don't forget that the motor is not the recommended size either.
HK specs the plane out with either a 2208 1370kv or HK2818 1350kv Brushless Outrunner Motor with a 1000 mah 3 cell

JRSully9

The battery is a Turnigy 2200mah 3cell, but don't forget that the motor is not the recommended size either.
HK specs the plane out with either a 2208 1370kv or HK2818 1350kv Brushless Outrunner Motor with a 1000 mah 3 cell

I thought that was the set up for the TekSumo?

Last edited: