Teksumo Vs Zagy anyone

pgerts

Old age member
Mentor
Is there anyone who have compared?
I have a inrunner +30A on a 4.5*4.5 - rocketing an Easystar/Bixler vertical.
I know that the Zagi would be really nice with that motor but does anyone know about the Teksumo?
Is it stiff enough to take some power?

lonewolf7717

Your post leaves me with a lot of questions but putting those aside to answer yours here we go. I can only speak to the Tek as I have never seen a Zagi in person. Tek sumos I have flown or seen flown at anything more that moderate speed were pretty awful. I am not faulting the airframe by any means Teks are what they are....nice flying moderately fast.... somewhat leisurely durable little wing but a rocket experiment they ARE NOT. Search "wing flutter" or "elevon flutter" as it pertains to Tek sumos. I have to ask, if a speed demon is what you want why even hassle with platforms not intended for speed i.e. bixler?? Why not just purpose build your own fast wing/delta?

pgerts

Old age member
Mentor
I am not using a Bixler as a speed demon ;-)
It was only as an example of the power produced.
The old Zagi is a real stiff wing but not easily available - thats the reason for the question, but all videos i have seen explaining the "high speed" of the Tek looked like a "slowmotion".
The advantage with a Z-wing compared to a hotliner is that you can also soar quitely and relatively slow when not pushing the throttle. The sound is not to explain - it has to be heard - no high rev glow engine can match the sound of a 35krev prop behind a wing ;-)

lonewolf7717

I would go with the inrunner zagi for sure, just don't see a Tek holding up well. I know what you are talking about so far as the amazing sound produced by a high kv motor/small prop especially when running on 4 or 5s. The sound is addicting, best of luck.

lonewolf7717

Tek Sumos have silly paint jobs. For that alone, I'd go with the Zagi.

Seriously, I can't speak to either. But, my Assassin has an "overkill" motor and is pretty darn fast. It will indeed flutter like crazy in a full speed vertical dive. It really is kind of cool to see.
http://crashtesthobby.com/products/assassin
Those Assassins are awesome little wings but with this guy being shall we say not exactly stateside may not be cost effective with shipping since Crashtesthobby is really more of a CONUS sort of thing.

pgerts

Old age member
Mentor
Well - i don't buy or build planes to crasch them ;-)
The description says "extremely thick" wing - does not sound like anything slippery.