Telemetry

EAS

might have a look at this
https://fanjetsusa.com/product/gt-power-tachometer/
Generally speaking, static thrust and RPM on a stand will be lower than can be expected in flight.

Of course, momentum will add to the thrust....and rpms too. I can't say how JP Hobby came up with their specs. They don't say anywhere on their sight....that I found.

Torque would also be helpful to my questions,but I'm not expecting to come up with that number. I know a bit of geometry, but that's about it. If I knew rpms I could calculate Propeller tip speed, but that about as far as MY math goes.

Last edited:

Bricks

Master member
Of course, momentum will add to the thrust....and rpms too. I can't say how JP Hobby came up with their specs. They don't say anywhere on their sight....that I found.

Torque would also be helpful to my questions,but I'm not expecting to come up with that number. I know a bit of geometry, but that's about it. If I knew rpms I could calculate Propeller tip speed, but that about as far as MY math goes.

All this would still be a guess as the plane, quad or what ever gains speed the motor will unload and RPM`s will go up.

EAS

All this would still be a guess as the plane, quad or what ever gains speed the motor will unload and RPM`s will go up.

Except I'm still talking about Bench testing and not a permanent install. That's what I stating from the beginning and a number of other posts.

Bricks

Master member
Except I'm still talking about Bench testing and not a permanent install. That's what I stating from the beginning and a number of other posts.

Even doing bench testing it will prove nothing of the claims from the manufacturer, as you have no idea how there test was done. Totally unloaded or totally loaded.

Bricks

Master member
It'll tell ME something. Get out of here. You contribute NOTHING. Anybody can post, it won't work, it won't, it can't. Do you actually contribute anything, or just nope everywhere? Get out of this thread. I really don't care what you think. No point.

So you are getting upset because I bring up a point....How old are you???

Where did I say it cannot be done you are the one that mentioned to see how close Manufacturer specs are. Since you do not know how they tested it how can one compare from there results to anyone else`s?

On a side note then some wonder why the long standing members are leaving with replies like given above.

Last edited:

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
On a side note then some wonder why the long standing members are leaving with replies like given above.

Did you report the post as being inappropriate for the group?

I've been seeing this pop up more often lately. If someone is not acting in a manner appropriate to the group, report them. Don't just complain about the forum.

That said, when you do place the report, be sure that you weren't also acting in an inappropriate manner as well...

Scotto

Elite member
Eas if youre still with us or to anyone else interested, yes you can obtain rpm from the motor wires, I dont have one of these so I dont know how to use it. Rpm sensor
rpm-Sensor_776x.jpg

Any kind of fan will speed up in a vacuum. Id imagine you could wreck an edf if it got obstructed into a vacuum and then suddenly released. Its also probly easy to overheat motors on the bench. Dont put a powerpod with prop on a fish scale and hold it out at arms length to see the static thrust. I could have died that night.:oops::ROFLMAO:

Bricks

Master member
Did you report the post as being inappropriate for the group?

I've been seeing this pop up more often lately. If someone is not acting in a manner appropriate to the group, report them. Don't just complain about the forum.

That said, when you do place the report, be sure that you weren't also acting in an inappropriate manner as well...

No I did not I have never reported anyone or anything, it is up to them to take note of of there inappropriate actions, and hopefully make changes to better themselves.