Temporarily attaching plans to FB?

I hope this is the right place to ask this, and while I'm sure its answered somewhere else i cant seem to locate it now. I wish to attach my plans to the foam board, cut them out, then peel them off, I am currently using gorilla brand spray adhesive but it tends to stick too well and comes up in pieces sometimes bringing some of the paper from the board with it, and sometimes not at all. Any tips on the best way of doing this as painlessly as possible would be great! I also have considered making templates then cutting parts out from there, but my cutting skills aren't the most stellar and every copy of an imperfect copy only amplifies the imperfection.

Thanks for the help guys and gals!!

luvmy40

Elite member
Get the cheap, Dollar General or Walmart craft spray adhesive. Spray a very light coat on the back of the plans, then let dry for a few minutes before positioning the plans on the foam board.

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
Get the cheap, Dollar General or Walmart craft spray adhesive. Spray a very light coat on the back of the plans, then let dry for a few minutes before positioning the plans on the foam board.
I use a very light coat of super 77 on one side.

CrshNBrn

Elite member
The key (as folks mentioned) is "very light." It doesn't take much spray adhesive to temporarily hold plans in place.

tamuct01

Spray adhesive works great and I've done that for a number of planes. My latest go-to solution is to tack down the plans on the FB with scotch tape or other removable tape and use a pin to mark the important lines. Once you've marked the locations of all the through cuts, scores, and other important bits, you can remove the plans and use your straightedge to cut them out. Keep the plans nearby to match up whether a line should be a through cut or just a 3/4 cut or whatever.

You can reuse the plans and it doesn't leave any residue on the foamboard.

mayan

Legendary member
I certainly get you have the same issue myself every time.
To solve it I either used tape and just cut it all up in the end.

Or a very cheap spray adhesive not super 77 or gorilla brands they are just too good :).

mayan

Legendary member
I certainly get you, have the same issue myself every time.
To solve it I either used tape and just cut it all up in the end.
https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/hobby-newbie-learning-diary-family-included.54910/

Or a very cheap spray adhesive not super 77 or gorilla brands they are just too good :).
90BD3B64-06E0-4896-907E-7CB6E76B9E70.jpeg

BTW here is another thread that might interest and benefit you.
https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/tips-for-a-newbie-experience-talking.58021/

K thanks for all the info, think i got it figured out, went from the gorilla brand to 3m, then went with what seemed like nowhere near enough, and Imagine my surprise! just right!!

Thanks again