Testing Betaflight 3.2 | Dynamic notch | VLOG #3

raymonkroeze

The first release candidate of Betaflight 3.2 has been released just over 2 weeks ago. After hearing so many good things about it, I decided to test it out myself!

French

Construire Voler S'écraser Répéter
I too am a fan. Boris and the BF team has done a great job with the new configurator too. I rarely have to go into the CLI for anything anymore.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I am glad I looked on the second page of posts.. this almost got by without me seeing it. Seems you had a taste of what I have to fly with all the time open spaces. Nice and smooth. I noticed the title said something about dynamic notch.. Does that mean the software sets the notch filters now or is it above normal filtering so it deals with prop wash as it develops?

May have to flash this on my Versa Copter to see what it does. I would do the Gremlin but that is tiny and hard to judge anything well. Not to mention that may be swapping over to Dronin so I can try and or learn that too.

French

Construire Voler S'écraser Répéter
Psyborg,

JBardwell does a great job of explaining the new dynamic filters in betaflight 3.2

Last edited:

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Ty French. Great videos to wake up to and learn something. They were interesting enough I have not even grabbed coffee yet.

Dynamic filters YAY!!!!!

Crash recovery....Huh..why? Think this may actually be a bad thing myself. When I hit gates I am sometimes able to recover and catch the quad baring any broken props or ripped off antennas. When I do recover my quad is no where near where I was flying. Automatic or not the quad is going to carry momentum as it is trying to recover.. IN what ever direction it was deflected by the impact.. That's not necessarily a good thing. There is potential to be crossing paths of other racers while it is trying to recover.. The potential to rip thru the spectator area while recovering.. bouncing off trees when flying in proximity. or any other physical object. My luck I would hit a gate.. be slammed to the ground and crash recovery is going to send my quad flipping and flopping all over the place like a fish outta water beating the snot out of it the entire time it tries to "Recover" and causing more damage. Too much left to chance for me.