testing motor direction

ForceM

Just a protip from a noobie ...

dont test with the props on :(

1576192139307.png

ForceM

i made a pun jet with the motor salvaged from a puller.
so obviously forgot to change motor direction.

somehow my mind went blank .. thought "ey why not change the direction from my transmitter!!"
so i did ... and by doing so i actually changed my throttle from 0 to 100% !!!!!!!!!

and then the carnage started .. as the pun jet was laying on my table with the motor facing my arm !!!

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
yup, never reverse your throttle. don't ask me how i know... :LOL:

glad you are ok and hopefully learned a very valuable lesson.

laters,

me :cool:

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
I agree with @mrjdstewart, what you did was reverse the throttle, that is changed the Tx stick position where 100% & 0% are.

To reverse the spin of the motor, you need to swap any 2 of the 3 wires connecting the ESC & motor.

Best practice, remote prop or unplug before making any changes to throttle or motor

cdfigueredo

Elite member
i made a pun jet with the motor salvaged from a puller.
so obviously forgot to change motor direction.

somehow my mind went blank .. thought "ey why not change the direction from my transmitter!!"
so i did ... and by doing so i actually changed my throttle from 0 to 100% !!!!!!!!!

and then the carnage started .. as the pun jet was laying on my table with the motor facing my arm !!!
I did the same with my first motor. No plane, just holding the motor with my hand, a big motor. When I switched the throttle Chanel from 0 to 100%. Lucky the motor jumped out of my hand breaking the prop and launching a blade to the wall at really really high speed.
No injury but almost a heart attack.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
WARNING - Some Tx & ECS combos need reversed throttle, some don't.

NEVER attach a prop until you have tested what your setup is needing.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
For anything I do other then cleaning my quads If I am in the house and doing anything the props are off. Powered or not. Keeping that habit makes it less likely I will forget and power up with props as old as I am getting with senility setting in and all. It only takes a few seconds to put em back on when I am ready to fly.