tgy i10 throttle cut?

flazz

Hey guys,
I need some ones help on my new Turnagy i10 transmitter.

When I try to establish a throttle cut, assigned to switch – SWH, it shows on/off as its thrown, but it only kills the throttle below 50% of the throttles travel. Above 50%, the throttle still functions. How do I get it to kill the throttle completely regardless of the throttle position. Any help with this will be appreciated. It’s a real safety issue.

thanks
flazz

pressalltheknobs

Posted a thousand or more times
Probably you have to change the idle. I think it's intended for use withe gas/glow engines and with those you don't want to cut below idle because that will kill the motor completely. There's something like this on the i6 but I don't have time to look at it right now. Somewhat of a guess on my part but probably start there.

flazz

thanks PATN,
I'll give that a look and if anybody else has any experience with this issue please chime in.....
thanks to all

flazz

Nope ......... Nothing I do in any combinations I've tried, still won't cut the throttle when SWH is thrown when the throttle is above 50% when advanced. It will cut the throttle below 50%. Still can't figure this out. It shouldn't be this difficult to engage a critical safety feature.

pressalltheknobs

Posted a thousand or more times
I looked at the i10 manual and it doesn't make much sense to me.

In case it helps, in the airplane model type on the i6 there is a Throttle Hold setting which defaults to 50% (0). It is disabled by default but you can enable it, set it to, say 0% (-100) and associate it with a switch so that it is off or on. When throttle hold is on the throttle stick is disable on the throttle channel and the throttle channel is forced to the value you set, overriding the lower point of the Normal and "Idle Up" Throttle curves.

flazz

thanks patk,
Your right about the manual. On this point its of no value. I will follow you lead here and see if I can get it corrected. I really appreciate your help here. I'll let you know if I can get it right.

flazz

tgy i10

I’m back...

It turns out that this transmitter has a default setting that doesn’t allow to kill the motor above 50% of its travel. The only reason I can think of for doing this is so if your flying a quad or helo, the last thing you would want would be to hit that kill switch and have your bird fall out of the air. So it requires you to get into the system and change the assigned switch for the type of air vehicle your about to fly. This has to be done for each aircraft type obviously because if it were a general kill for all aircraft in your transmitter you would have your helo and quads falling out of the sky. So in order to get around the default condition (C1), you need to go into the Conditions page, and choose a condition (2,3,4,5,) and assign a switch you want to kill the motor. On the conditions page, you’ll be able to choose conditions 2-5. When you do that you’ll be given another page that allows you to rename condition, mine is C3 throttle and at the bottom of this page is a switch icon which allows you to select the switch you’ll using to kill the motor. Note: the up or down indicators refer to the position on the switch on the transmitter not the function of the action. Back out of this page and go to the Throttle curve icon. At the bottom of the page, press the gear icon which will take you to the parameter options. Choose the first one since it has the least options and it will be a lot less hassle. This should kick you back to the previous page where you’ll see diagonal red line running from lower left to upper right. Now through the switch you’ve assigned for you throttle kill (cut). You should then see the condition number show up, Cond 3: throttle. Now press (L) if its not already 0.0’d out and use the roller at the bottom to run it down to 0.0 and do that for (2), and (3). Now back out of this page and select the Throttle down icon and at the bottom of this page there’s an switch icon, press that and select the same switch for the throttle kill you selected in Conditions options. Before leaving the throttle down page, with the roller at the bottom of the page , run the Idle up % down to 0. If you don’t do this, when you hit the kill switch, the motor will not be killed, but will be at the % of idle you left in that option.

I don’t believe the sequence of these changes makes a difference, but that the changes are where they need to be to get what you want.

All this is a bit of a hassle but only until you learn the procedure.

Hope this helps somebody with the same problem.

Thanks for your help PATK