Thank you, Horizon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fwa2500

Ramp Rat
i really wasn't expecting this kind of service on the repair of my DX6i. i flat out told them i dropped it and im not even the original owner.....and then they went and fixed it for free!

img20120301181702.jpg

this is the second time they have helped me out, the first time i dealt with them was with my polecat which had a bad brick (was from the early 1st batch) so they sent be a free replacement brick. AWESOME customer service, thanks guys! :D

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
i really wasn't expecting this kind of service on the repair of my DX6i. i flat out told them i dropped it and im not even the original owner.....and then they went and fixed it for free!

img20120301181702.jpg

this is the second time they have helped me out, the first time i dealt with them was with my polecat which had a bad brick (was from the early 1st batch) so they sent be a free replacement brick. AWESOME customer service, thanks guys! :D

HobbyKing are you listening?
This is how you should be taking care of your customers!

earthsciteach

No doubt, they have over-the-top customer service. I called on behalf of one of my students who has a Champ. It was really sketchy to bind. One day, he plugged in the battery - it puffed and almost poofed. One of the chips on the brick was loose. I called and explained the situation. The guy on the line said they were sending a new one. I assumed they were sending a new board, but a complete RTF was delivered! Way to go Horizon!

teflyer

Full Circle
Wow! That is amazing customer service! Do you suppose that is because their product prices are generally higher than the products of other companies like Hobby King, even though it seems Horizon's products seem higher quality?

earthsciteach

I think it is more about how one company chooses to market itself. Horizon is more like a local hobby shop. Yes, the prices are higher, but a much higher degree of service comes along with that. And, from my personal experience, the consistency of quality is high.

Companies like HK, BH and NP sell discounted airplanes. The overall design (for the most part) is solid. But, the quality control in manufacturing is not as consistent. And, they do not intend on making their living on repeat, satisfied customers. They hang their hat on discounted prices.

Does that mean HK, BH and NP are not worthy of doing business with? No at all, in my opinion. You just have to go into the transaction with an expectation of some DIY repairs/mods or willing to write off a certain percentage of lemons. Its all in what you are looking for.

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
Yup just know what you're getting into.
BTW- I have had excellent customer service from HobbyPartz.
It is possible to be a discount hobby supplier and still provide excellent service.

HobbyKing has made a corporate decision to cut costs at all costs and pass along a good value to the customer.
They do a decent job of it most of the time but when they screw it up, most of us find it offensive that the burden of proof is on the customer. HobbyKing could learn a lesson from other companies that I seem to be doing more and more business with (Horizon is one of them). It is possible to give a great customer service experience even when things get jacked up.

Anthony Hand- Your customer service department needs attention. Not just more people, people that are trained and enabled by your policies to help provide great customer service.

earthsciteach

I doubt the customer service department is directly employed by HK, but rather contracted. This means the customer service company has only one customer to please - HK.

earthsciteach

And I have been happy with NP's (HobbyPartz) service overall. Heck, I even turned down a free replacement motor they offered to send me because I knew it wasn't their fault in the first place.

bicyclemonkey

Flying Derp
Mentor
The service at HH is top notch. The very few times I've had to call their customer service dept, the items were replaced no questions asked whether the fault was shipping damage or my own stupidity during assembly. So, considering the very low number of times I have a problem with anything I order from HK or HH, I would rather HK's prices stay low and take my chances with their service. It's kind of like paying for the insurance that I never use.

sandblaster

If a company charges enough for a product then they can afford to give 'X' away and still make money. But do all of us what to pay that huge $ figure for others freebies?

For instance, I can pay to have a heat pump system installed and get warranty, OR do it myself at less 1/2 the price and not get warranty. I can buy two DIY unit for the price of one installed. Think it is worth the gamble to DIY? Depends on ones skill level. HK can build in a % to cover warranty, we all pay more. Somewhere there is a balence. HH and others charge more then have a margin to offer great customer service. Like the heat pumps, depends on ones skill level and willings to spend less up front or spend lots more up front. Both models work. Up to customer to figure which one fits them.

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
I for one love dealing with Horizon and hate dealing with Hobbyking. I still buy a lot of stuff from hobbyking but I have to plan months ahead to make sure I get it on time. Cheap is good, but if you don't have some experience with this stuff, trying to find things that match up can be miserable. There's something to be said for the pre packaged stuff that you know will work together, and if you have problems you'll be taken care of. If you have the money it's a lot less hassle to just deal with someone reputable who will treat you right and stand behind their product.

Status
Not open for further replies.