The Aero L-39 ... Next scratchbuild

Wildthing

Legendary member
I have 1300mAh 4S batteries which arrived today, so I have an L-39 Jet maiden to do, I have an AR mini wing to re-maiden, I have much more flying of the FT Spitfire, the Mini Talon and the FT X-29 to do...... blooming weather :(
Long range forecast says I will have to wait till early March !!!
Just SO UNFAIR!!!!
<pout>
How close are you to all those floods ?

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Needing to fly!!!
IMG_20200219_211927060.jpg

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
This horrible weather which is stopping me flying outside is giving me too much time to ponder...
Have stripped off the outside paper from the removable cockpit bubble sanded off the joins, done a bit of lightweight filler and further sanding to get a smoother shape.
Next will be a couple of layers of 24gm fibreglass cloth using polyurethane water based varnish ( something l used to do on GWS polystyrene planes many years back )
If this works I will do the same thing for the nose of the plane and attempt to give it a much more rounded and smooth finish.
Cockpit after sanding, filler and further sanding, before fiberglassing...
15824525558622217497635016837953.jpg

Last edited:

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
This horrible weather which is stopping me flying outside is giving me too much time to ponder...
Have stripped off the outside paper from the removable cockpit bubble sanded off the joins, done a bit of lightweight filler and further sanding to get a smoother shape.
Next will be a couple of layers of 24gm fibreglass cloth using polyurethane water based varnish ( something l used to do on GWS polystyrene planes many years back )
If this works I will do the same thing for the nose of the plane and attempt to give it a much more rounded and smooth finish.
View attachment 159013
This plane is suddenly becoming a lot cooler!!

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I'm sure if the weather had been nice this plane would have been painted and flying as originally made.
I don't think we are going to get a half decent weekend till the 2nd week of March! Glad I got some indoor quad flying on Saturday :)
That’s too bad. I’ve been having a blast indoors with my inductrix FPV+ I recently got when the weather isn’t good (and even when it is! ;))

Wildthing

Legendary member
View attachment 159013
So if the weather stays bad long enough I can see the whole plane getting the fiberglass treatment :cool:

Last edited: