The "beef" setup vs. the Suppo 1450kv setup on the Spitfire?

handlauncher

Has anybody tried both of these on the Spit? Is one faster than the other? Im new sorry for the dumb question...

I purchased the 1450Kv from altitude hobbies instead of the "beef" setup, as well as the servos. I also was wondering if the 1450Kv can handle more battery?:confused:

Any help would be appreciatted.

I am listening to the #3 podcast about Brushless motors and Lipos right now trying to understand better the relationships between the two.

Thanks,

Last edited:

Flynn

I've been running the Suppo 1450 on the Spitfire with an 8x6 prop and a 2200mah. I get about 10 mins. What size battery are to use? As long as it's a 3S it should be fine.

handlauncher

I've been running the Suppo 1450 on the Spitfire with an 8x6 prop and a 2200mah. I get about 10 mins. What size battery are to use? As long as it's a 3S it should be fine.

I've been using a 2200 mah and I've got 3 1300mah 25c that I get about 10 min out of @ around 2/3 throttle. The 2200 is 3/4 and Full.

What kind of speed do you get out of the 8x6? I've been using 8x4..

Flynn

Wow, my grammar is terrible! I've only been flying for 3 months so im not sure what to compare it to. I use the same power pod in the Baby Blender and a 8x4 and I can say that cruises a bit slower. I do have a video of my maiden, if that helps.

http://youtu.be/sDjGPLOSTjk

Flynn

Also, adding some down thrust helped big time. I just put a 1-2mm spacer behind the top motor mount.