The Best It Will Ever Look

Anton005

Ft spitfire almost ready for battle, I think tomorrow is the big day.

IMG_20210617_124034070.jpg

Mr NCT

Site Moderator
Excellent! If it flies as good as it looks you'll have a great day. The Spit is next on my build list. What motor & prop did you use?

Anton005

I fly mine off a 9x6 and it's got all the performance I need. Once you've got it dialled in might be worth trying one of those. Good luck for the maiden!

Thanks @The Fopster , I can see how a bit more umpf could be nice.

Few! Glad that is out of the way.
The maiden flight was a mixed bag, learned a lot about the spitfire, lol. It's tough! It flies great! Was a bit windy today but what the hay, flew it anyway. No trimming needed, wow! that has never happened on one of my builds.

The Fopster

Master member

The maiden flight was a mixed bag, learned a lot about the spitfire, lol. It's tough! It flies great! Was a bit windy today but what the hay, flew it anyway. No trimming needed, wow! that has never happened on one of my builds.
Great looking build and a successful maiden. A good day! 😀

Mr NCT

Site Moderator

Well done!

Yes! How cool is that!

Mr NCT

Site Moderator
Just finished my second mm DR1 - the first lasted through learning to fly again and about six months. Here is the second one skinned with card stock and some printed parts. Even with the heavier covering and a 850 3c battery the AUW is only 414g.s. Flew a little tail heavy on the maiden (and turned gustier than I thought) but made it down in one piece.

IMG_3111.JPG IMG_3112.JPG IMG_3113.JPG

Anton005

Just finished my second mm DR1 - the first lasted through learning to fly again and about six months. Here is the second one skinned with card stock and some printed parts. Even with the heavier covering and a 850 3c battery the AUW is only 414g.s. Flew a little tail heavy on the maiden (and turned gustier than I thought) but made it down in one piece.

View attachment 202293 View attachment 202294 View attachment 202295

Super cool! Do you have to hand launch that? Or can you take off from the ground with those little wheels?

Looks great as usual.

Mr NCT

Site Moderator
Super cool! Do you have to hand launch that? Or can you take off from the ground with those little wheels?

Looks great as usual.
I usually hand launch. It will fly off a hard surface but not grass. But if you are taking off into any wind at all it jumps up in less than a foot so a piece of cardboard works for a runway.
Thanks!

Last edited:

Wow, amazing! Ridiculous! Hard to believe something like that can even fly. Beautiful little model too!

cyclone3350

Master member

The dichotomy of Snoopy graphics on a DR-1. Too cool:cool:

cyclone3350

Master member
You can't crash that! Looks like a shelf princess to me!

A new explanation of more expenditures to be invested in the basement. More shelving. "Sorry honey, I ran out of space from the ceiling for all my Hangar Queens and now need something for my new class of smaller planes... Shelf Princess"

I like the bar code in the nose. :D I have one on the back of my neck... It's for my night job...