The Best It Will Ever Look

Reills

Just finishing up my Simple Scout. I designed and 3D printed a radiator and cylinders. Now for some red paint. Can you tell my HUGE error?
1643219584168.png

mastermalpass

Elite member
Close... the radiator and the fins on the cylinders?

Guess I'm not familiar enough with engines. I see that and think, sure, this pistons can move laterally instead of up and down, right?

Or is it that the outer faces should be 'heat sink' shaped too, instead of flat?

Reills

The radiator implies water-cooled while the cylinders sticking out with cooling fins implies air-cooled. Heck, I just thought it looks good.

Reills

Yeah that really hurts my eyes. And my sensibilities. And my feelings too. It goes against all that is good and right and just. It's un-American. Throw it away and start over, commie. :p

Well, you're gonna LOVE when I paint it red and put Iron Crosses on it! ;)

Mr NCT

Site Moderator
Guess I'm not familiar enough with engines. I see that and think, sure, this pistons can move laterally instead of up and down, right?

Or is it that the outer faces should be 'heat sink' shaped too, instead of flat?
Just tell people that it was the first experiment in using a water jacket on an air-cooled engine. Who (except maybe @Baron VonHelton) could dispute that?