The big bang of Mustangs

Hoomi

Master member
Progress so far:
Traced parts onto poster board to have back-up plans (except for the cockpit canopy, which I photocopied to make a back-up pattern).
Decals on their way from Callie Custom Graphics Edit: decals arrived today.
Oracal 651 vinyl on order for the red and yellow details.
Power Pack and landing gear wheels already in hand.

Last edited:

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Progress so far:
Traced parts onto poster board to have back-up plans (except for the cockpit canopy, which I photocopied to make a back-up pattern).
Decals on their way from Callie Custom Graphics Edit: decals arrived today.
Oracal 651 vinyl on order for the red and yellow details.
Power Pack and landing gear wheels already in hand.
Awesome - let the building commence!

Hoomi

Master member
Building started. I covered the tail surfaces in red Oracal 651 adhesive vinyl before gluing the rudder to the horizontal stab, as I figured it would be easier to do while I could still set the surfaces flat, and then trim around them to remove the excess vinyl. The Oracal not only gives it a really nice, solid color, it also will help reinforce the hinge point for the rudder and elevator.

The tail surfaces aren't permanently attached to the fuselage yet. My plan is to finish most of the fuselage and the wings first, attach the wings to the fuselage, and then spray paint the assembly silver. More red Oracal will be affixed to the plane for the red at the tail and nose on the fuselage, and for the red tips on the wings. I have some yellow Oracal for the stripes on the wings.
MustangWIP1.jpg

MustangTail.jpg

Wildthing

Legendary member
Building started. I covered the tail surfaces in red Oracal 651 adhesive vinyl before gluing the rudder to the horizontal stab, as I figured it would be easier to do while I could still set the surfaces flat, and then trim around them to remove the excess vinyl. The Oracal not only gives it a really nice, solid color, it also will help reinforce the hinge point for the rudder and elevator.

The tail surfaces aren't permanently attached to the fuselage yet. My plan is to finish most of the fuselage and the wings first, attach the wings to the fuselage, and then spray paint the assembly silver. More red Oracal will be affixed to the plane for the red at the tail and nose on the fuselage, and for the red tips on the wings. I have some yellow Oracal for the stripes on the wings.
View attachment 160299

View attachment 160300
Why is it parked on top of your truck ? :whistle::whistle::whistle: