The big bang of Mustangs

Tazman

Hell ya, as long as my hair is on fire as I am flying it, with my big grin all over my face yes yes and yes....
And also I may also come as far as Saskatchewan to fly and the maybe mr Alberta can come out and we can all do some fun flying, its a thought, lolololol, but I would do it, heck maybe even Alberta, my brother lives in Calgary so, heck you never know how my mind strikes me.

Tazman

And also I may also come as far as Saskatchewan to fly and the maybe mr Alberta can come out and we can all do some fun flying, its a thought, lolololol, but I would do it, heck maybe even Alberta, my brother lives in Calgary so, heck you never know how my mind strikes me.
I mean, big or small, makes no big difference to my, I love to go fast, its no lie, and I love to putter around, I have flown everything from big full size nitro planes, to small indoor electrics, so I can go whatever way, maybe I will need more info on pros and cons of big and small to make a decision. Hell maybe I will build one of each the price seems right, servo’s and ESC are cheap, the small brushless are pretty cheap the big fancy one at 64 bucks is a tiny pricy but looks really worth every penny, the air frames are cheap, so heck I will have to think.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I mean, big or small, makes no big difference to my, I love to go fast, its no lie, and I love to putter around, I have flown everything from big full size nitro planes, to small indoor electrics, so I can go whatever way, maybe I will need more info on pros and cons of big and small to make a decision. Hell maybe I will build one of each the price seems right, servo’s and ESC are cheap, the small brushless are pretty cheap the big fancy one at 64 bucks is a tiny pricy but looks really worth every penny, the air frames are cheap, so heck I will have to think.
Yeah - you should do both!

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
The build is coming along.

20191212_033022.jpg

It's the scoop! Oh boy, that scoop is SO P51! I'm going for the Reno build. She's gonna be HOT!

buzzbomb

I know nothing!

Tazman

Ok, you guys have to do some price shopping, $64.99 US for that motor. YIKES . There are a lot of motors that will perform just as good for half the price.
Yes 64 bucks for an motor of that caliber is actually not bad, see yes if you simply compare stat’s then yes you can most likely find motors that will compare, however, most will not be rebuildable that one is, most will not have the longevity that one has, bulldog and I were chatting, he has a crash issue lmao, he love to fly hardcore 3D, and he is new to flying, there is no other way to learn but crash crash crash, unless you have a good simulator whI have is as of yet does not, he is looking for one, but as he says, the plane costs 5 bucks to build and the motor survives crash after crash, now had he went cheap, it may not have. So even if you could find one that size for Half the price, and it died after 1-2 crashes would it still have the value. Next if after the times he has crashed and he says about 25 times in a very short time, like months, should that motor get issues, he can replace magnets and stuff, so a new motor is not needed, a few cheap parts and the motor is up and running, but seriously how good that motor is on such a light plane, it will never wreck, it is simply a great motor. That is why its 64 bucks, I am sure though you can get one for 30-40 bucks with that power. I for one will crash from time to time, plus I like motors that are strong, I still have motors from 14 years ago, when brushless were really expensive, I never went cheap on the motor and I still have them today after years of crashing and flying spanning several builds and switching them to new ari frames. I guess the long winded lecture I have going here is, dont go cheap on the motor, servo’s , ESC or FC, the good ones can survive the worst of crashes, and if padded right and I use fuel foam, the FC will survive a crash from 3-4 hundred feet, please do not ask how I know, I am an idiot and well I crashed from about that height doing a stupid thing, lesson learned, but I also learned that good padding will allow the important parts to live and having A good engine and at the time I was flying a nitro engine, I buried the motor in a farmers field and it took some digging to recover it, I cleaned the motor up, took it all apart washed it out in fuel, and put it back together, and it run as good as new. That motor was expensive and still runs today again 14 years later. End story dollar value is always seen till you run the part and see how much it can withstand, everyone here is no rookie to flying, well crashing goes hand in hand, no one here can say they never miss calculated and crashed, not even a pro. It happens, but if you got good parts, then you can take away a good chunk of the cost to rebuild, in bulldogs case, with the setup he has, it costs him 5-10 bucks to rebuild a plane, he saves the motor, servo’s,ESC and FC, goes to the dollar store gets some foam and a few days of work and he is flying again. I myself when I was a rookie went cheap and was in a state of always waiting for new parts to arrive cause I would crash and have to re-buy, time after time, till a guy I used to know at a club said had I bought a more quality motor I would have most likely survived the crash a bit better. That day I learned a valuable lesson. Sorry for the long winded book report, I get going and its hard to stop. Sorry for the long post.

K3V0

Elite member
Why the rush? That's not your best work.
I wanted to get it done! We had been doing a couple of weeks of travel and no planes! Then we were home and have bad weather, no flying!🤬 I was working on the edge when @The Hangar mention this one. I had the plans printed and I was interested in building it. It’s a cool plane and I’ve been getting excited to fly. Last night I got all the electronics hooked up and now there’s no room for the batteries that I have.😐They’re not that big! Little 2s and 3s andthey won’t go into the power pod. When I realized this I put it all down and went to bed. I’ll figure it out and maybe I can maiden on Sunday.
No, I haven't flown the Mig since the maiden, unfortunately
I was thinking of your Mig too! I got new props for mine and I’m ready to take her out again. Mugs and Mistangs!

Wildthing

Legendary member
Yes 64 bucks for an motor of that caliber is actually not bad, see yes if you simply compare stat’s then yes you can most likely find motors that will compare, however, most will not be rebuildable that one is, most will not have the longevity that one has, bulldog and I were chatting, he has a crash issue lmao, he love to fly hardcore 3D, and he is new to flying, there is no other way to learn but crash crash crash, unless you have a good simulator whI have is as of yet does not, he is looking for one, but as he says, the plane costs 5 bucks to build and the motor survives crash after crash, now had he went cheap, it may not have. So even if you could find one that size for Half the price, and it died after 1-2 crashes would it still have the value. Next if after the times he has crashed and he says about 25 times in a very short time, like months, should that motor get issues, he can replace magnets and stuff, so a new motor is not needed, a few cheap parts and the motor is up and running, but seriously how good that motor is on such a light plane, it will never wreck, it is simply a great motor. That is why its 64 bucks, I am sure though you can get one for 30-40 bucks with that power. I for one will crash from time to time, plus I like motors that are strong, I still have motors from 14 years ago, when brushless were really expensive, I never went cheap on the motor and I still have them today after years of crashing and flying spanning several builds and switching them to new ari frames. I guess the long winded lecture I have going here is, dont go cheap on the motor, servo’s , ESC or FC, the good ones can survive the worst of crashes, and if padded right and I use fuel foam, the FC will survive a crash from 3-4 hundred feet, please do not ask how I know, I am an idiot and well I crashed from about that height doing a stupid thing, lesson learned, but I also learned that good padding will allow the important parts to live and having A good engine and at the time I was flying a nitro engine, I buried the motor in a farmers field and it took some digging to recover it, I cleaned the motor up, took it all apart washed it out in fuel, and put it back together, and it run as good as new. That motor was expensive and still runs today again 14 years later. End story dollar value is always seen till you run the part and see how much it can withstand, everyone here is no rookie to flying, well crashing goes hand in hand, no one here can say they never miss calculated and crashed, not even a pro. It happens, but if you got good parts, then you can take away a good chunk of the cost to rebuild, in bulldogs case, with the setup he has, it costs him 5-10 bucks to rebuild a plane, he saves the motor, servo’s,ESC and FC, goes to the dollar store gets some foam and a few days of work and he is flying again. I myself when I was a rookie went cheap and was in a state of always waiting for new parts to arrive cause I would crash and have to re-buy, time after time, till a guy I used to know at a club said had I bought a more quality motor I would have most likely survived the crash a bit better. That day I learned a valuable lesson. Sorry for the long winded book report, I get going and its hard to stop. Sorry for the long post.
All these motors can be rebuilt and really all you can do is replace the shaft and bearings. Most damage in a crash is a bent or broken shaft, bearings might also get rough or you tear a wire out, if you tear the wires out more then likely that motor is toast. Bearings are cheap, packages of 10 for $5.00 on a average, shafts unless they are a stepped one you can make your own if needed. I can buy 3 to 4 comparable motors in that price range. I have destroyed cheap and expensive motors, I prefer the cheap ones :D :D . Yes some do perform better then others but over time you weed those out, I hardly ever spend over $25.00 US on a motor and I have a lot of winners. Here are some compatible motors just from HK. The last one isn't as large but it would easily pull these full sized birds around ,

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy...00kv-brushless-outrunner-motor.html?wrh_pdp=2

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-3632-brushless-motor-1200kv.html

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-ld3730a-1000-brushless-motor-1000kv.html

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-d3536-6-1250kv-brushless-outrunner-motor.html

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/d2830-11-1000kv-brushless-motor.html

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/d2826-10-1400kv-brushless-motor.html