The big bang of Mustangs

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
So..... I'd get to meet you 3 - @Grifflyer @BATTLEAXE - at least, at FF '20?? 😳😊
I had BETTER get better at flying RC before then!!! πŸ˜†πŸ˜„πŸ˜œ

Now, if you guys want to take up some Cessnas.... I could show YOU how to fly! πŸ˜‰
The Scale stuff still needs time. 😭 I've been in RC Ground for too long with a Pistol Transmitter....
Well you’d fit right in with me 🀣

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
So..... I'd get to meet you 3 - @Grifflyer @BATTLEAXE - at least, at FF '20?? 😳😊
I had BETTER get better at flying RC before then!!! πŸ˜†πŸ˜„πŸ˜œ

Now, if you guys want to take up some Cessnas.... I could show YOU how to fly! πŸ˜‰
The Scale stuff still needs time. 😭 I've been in RC Ground for too long with a Pistol Transmitter....
Yep, I let you fly the Shrubby if you can make it!

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
That won't stop him...
Lol - yes. I had an epic walk of shame with my champ. I was using the cheapo transmitter with it instead of my dx6e and lost signal facing the tree line. It was Wednesday evening and perfectly calm. It was balanced just right and decently high and that thing GLIDED sooo far. You might have noticed there was a dip in the field, well I was in the other side of the dip! I was a real trailblazer through that dry wheat and my legs felt it for quite a while🀣🀣🀣

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Ok, so I worked a bit on a molded foam canopy. Kinda worked out, but really not what I was hoping for. I’m going to trim the formers a bit and see if I can get it to look more rounded. I’m doing it with dtfb since I can run to my dollar tree and grab another sheet way more easily than buy a new pack of ftfb off the ft store.
36083501-11C6-4FB7-AD9D-C287F2CABAB7.jpeg

Last edited:

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Ok, so I worked a bit on a molded foam canopy. Kinda worked out, but really not what I was hoping for. I’m going to trim the formers a bit and see if I can get it to look more rounded. I’m doing it with dtfb since I can rob to my dollar tree and grab another sheet way more easily than buy a new pack of ftfb off the ft store. The final version will be brown. View attachment 151055
That's just paper right?

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Ok, so I worked a bit on a molded foam canopy. Kinda worked out, but really not what I was hoping for. I’m going to trim the formers a bit and see if I can get it to look more rounded. I’m doing it with dtfb since I can run to my dollar tree and grab another sheet way more easily than buy a new pack of ftfb off the ft store. View attachment 151055
You're close, but I can see why you're not happy with it. Check out my Baby Blender Extended build:

https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/scratching-the-baby.58721/

I used foamboard to make the turtle deck, and it came out pretty darn nice! :)

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
Ok, so I worked a bit on a molded foam canopy. Kinda worked out, but really not what I was hoping for. I’m going to trim the formers a bit and see if I can get it to look more rounded. I’m doing it with dtfb since I can run to my dollar tree and grab another sheet way more easily than buy a new pack of ftfb off the ft store. View attachment 151055
Make sure you align the pieces with the grain, and it looks like you need to pre-bend it a bit more.