The Bike Thread (pedal power not motor power - e-bikes excepted)

BlockerAviation

Legendary member
LOL, yeah, not a fan of tubeless, at least not on high pressure road tires. Never done it myself, but every roadie I know that tried it switched back because of the mess that happens when you eventually get a puncture and all the goo comes spraying out. Then trying to get a tube in there while everything is all slimed up to get back on the road is a real 8!+c#.
Knock on rubber, I haven't had a flat in the 1500 miles I've done since December, but have been riding with others that did. Probably helps that I'm on all new rubber and mostly been on paved trails or the trainer.
Yeah, with my road bike I'm still running tubes, tubeless is just not needed on the road. On my MTB however, tubeless is a game changer! They're lighter, eliminate pinch flats and allow me to run lower pressure for more grip. I'll never switch back on my MTB!

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
LOL, yeah, not a fan of tubeless, at least not on high pressure road tires. Never done it myself, but every roadie I know that tried it switched back because of the mess that happens when you eventually get a puncture and all the goo comes spraying out. Then trying to get a tube in there while everything is all slimed up to get back on the road is a real 8!+c#.
Knock on rubber, I haven't had a flat in the 1500 miles I've done since December, but have been riding with others that did. Probably helps that I'm on all new rubber and mostly been on paved trails or the trainer.
I use tubes on my bike, but I was always getting flats so I started putting slime in my tubes. Haven't had a flat in a few years so it's working! I think there's even a protective shield thingy between my tire and tube so nothing has even penetrated the tube for a while lol. It's been a while since the green stuff has come out of my tires.

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
*Me laughing with my tubeless tires and stockpile of sealant*:LOL:
In all seriousness, it really sucks to buy anything bike related right now. I bearly was able to get my stumpy last year and am still having trouble getting parts for it.
tubeless is the absolute best for mtb bikes.... it is so much easier to fix if u get a puncture leave the thorn or nail in... if it falls out ride really hard for 3 min, then pump ur tyre and you are good to go.

the one thing i absolutely hate are the high "steps" that are used to prevent animals from walking out of their enclosures, those things are generally 1m high and climb at a nasty 60 degree angle.... believe me hitting them at 45km per hour on a downhill is absolutely no fun.... try as you can they will always smack you HARD

flyingkelpie

Elite member
maybe green gel would also work... or it'll remove the paint:sick:.

maybe i should just give my bike a nice wash down then i'll post a pic
Sounds good. Mine when it was properly washed...
TM7-Angled.jpg

flyingkelpie

Elite member
i would rather not take that jump... yet
Mate. That jump, it must be seen from the rider's perspective. In my opinion NEVER!
1. It's not really a jump at all pretty much 0 degrees.
2. Case it and you will hurt for days after...use males should know how that feels except this is for a long time.
3. It should also cause you to break a limb or more...

When I went riding on ANZAC day it was the first time I saw it. It's a trail called Blue Bridges. Really gnarly and unfun cos of a featureless trail filled with baby heads until you cross a fire trail. Then it's full flow. Really fun until you see this thing lol. Luckily there is a nice flowy B-line.