"Corpse"

Legendary member
Ok, just ordered a racing frame for my chase/race quad. This will be my first 5 inch build and I don't have that much $ so I'll have to gradually buy parts for it.

Here's the frame. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DSCH5MQ/?tag=lstir-20

I like the look of the frame and the fact that it has a removable gopro mount. I decided that I'll do a 5 inch setup so I'll have less voltage sag on a 4s. (Plus there are more parts for those sized frames).

I'm going to get parts off of GetFPV so I know they work and surprisingly it is cheaper than amazon. 2306 2400kv motors from emax and 35 amp 4 in 1 esc will be the power train. For the FC i'm going to put in the Lumenier LUX F7 board in it, so I can have GPS, tons of UARTS and camera control. I don't know what camera I'll get, so any suggestions for a sub $40 camera would be gladly accepted!

-Corpse

"Corpse"

Legendary member
To keep me sane during the save up period, I finished my Tiny Whoop! I've got some Special sauce motors coming in the mail, but even without the motors it has some punch!

"Corpse"

Legendary member
I'm torn between getting a set of iflight XING motors, or getting a set of cheapo motors. Are there any quad guys that have tested the XING motors? I'm curious to know if they have a large quality difference.

"Corpse"

Legendary member
WIN_20200607_12_32_46_Pro.jpg

Frames here!

"Corpse"

Legendary member
I decided not to go with FT radials in favor of Emax 2205 rs spec motors. They're much cheaper, and I might get the radials later.

BTW I ordered most of the parts for the build and am only missing the receiver, camera, and battery. Let's get building!

"Corpse"

Legendary member
I soldered up the VTX and the receiver! No pictures today because I don't care to open up all the guts of the drone just for a pic.;)

I have a bit of a poll type question, I have a spektrum receiver that doesn't have antennas. (The antennas are the older IPEX version.)
Should I fix that up or get a FRsky XM+ receiver instead?

After watching Joshua Bardwell's video on the runcam Phoenix 2 I decided that was the cam for me. As soon as I get the $ required, I'll get the stuff!

"Corpse"

Legendary member
I found my old runcam micro swift! I put it on and it works, so now I just need batteries and the antennas! There should be a flight video coming soon!

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I found my old runcam micro swift! I put it on and it works, so now I just need batteries and the antennas! There should be a flight video coming soon!
Swing by my house tomorrow about noon, and you can borrow my satellite receiver and a couple of 4s packs. I'll be gone the weekend so they won't be used (not that I use those very much anyways...)

"Corpse"

Legendary member
Swing by my house tomorrow about noon, and you can borrow my satellite receiver and a couple of 4s packs. I'll be gone the weekend so they won't be used (not that I use those very much anyways...)
Thanks but I also need a camera mount, so I won't be able to see where I'm going. Plus I found antennas on RMRC for 89 cents a pop! It's only 10 bucks for everything else.

"Corpse"

Legendary member
Long time no post but I finished the quad! I'm in the process of publishing a YT video of the maiden, and I'll soon have some gopro footage of the flights I have done! This quad flies so much better than the micro's i've flown before, and these quads have such an amazing amount of power! I love this hobby so much!

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Those emax motors will outlive every other component on that build. I still have mine from gee... idk 3 years ago?! My first KISS build with @PsyBorg haha

hahaha as long as he keeps the motor screws tight they should.
Where you been hiding bud. Long time no see? Still doin that school thing or are you adulting now and entered into the working world?

Liam B

hahaha as long as he keeps the motor screws tight they should.
Where you been hiding bud. Long time no see? Still doin that school thing or are you adulting now and entered into the working world?
Yeah, going into senior year for high school! Then off to somewhere. 'Rona's been keeping me from flying / racing but I've been building a lot of quads in between juggling Calculus and English. You been flying?