the catching game

cornishairrc

hello all

well the title said all i had the crazy idea to try and catch my lane as it lands which ive done many times but this time it when horrebly wrong as i was about to catch it my throtle was jolted from nothing to full resulting the plane to thunder into my chest luckaly it was a pusher ( axn floater ) but i had flet like a boxers punch takeing me to the floor and quickly reaching to my dx6i to shut the power of after a few minuets i stagerd home with a snaped nose and a brused rib not one of my best moves i must say the plane recovered quickly and was flown today slope soring in 30 mph winds and i was fine after a few days .

Heli-Yeah!

Gremlin on the Wing
I crashed my Bixler into myself about a week ago, and got my hand pretty good. It all boiled down to some bruising, and a lesson learned.
I was making a tight pass and just dumb thumbed it. I used my hand to shield my Tx, because I figured I can maybe fly using only one hand, but not without my DX6i!:)

Today, I was out practicing flying/catching my Swift II. That thing is a blast!!!!!

Last edited:

nibnobsam

I like big leccy planes
Mentor
I once caught a friends HK SkyFun jet when they came into land.. they drifted a bit too close to the flight line ;) lucky that thing is a pusher prop, and it was running on 2 cell so was super slow.

because I figured I can maybe fly using only one hand
Someone once came to my field and flew with their left arm in a cast :eek:

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
I once caught a friends HK SkyFun jet when they came into land.. they drifted a bit too close to the flight line ;) lucky that thing is a pusher prop, and it was running on 2 cell so was super slow.

Someone once came to my field and flew with their left arm in a cast :eek:

Hahaha- I flew with bandages all over my right hand after a prop injury. I had to have Ninja Jr. launch the plane for me. Come to think of it, I think it was with the same prop that sliced me up. Gotta show that plane who's boss!

nibnobsam

I like big leccy planes
Mentor
Hahaha- I flew with bandages all over my right hand after a prop injury. I had to have Ninja Jr. launch the plane for me. Come to think of it, I think it was with the same prop that sliced me up. Gotta show that plane who's boss!
Lol. I think the worst injury you could get (aside from amputation) is having a cut on your thumb where it touchs the stick, which I had once. Makes it impossible to fly :mad:

Ben Presten

I tried caching a radian pro and my brother who was flying thought it would be a good idea to roll sidwayes and slam into my head it hurt a lot and I think it was 13 stiches I got from the metal spinner

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
I tried caching a radian pro and my brother who was flying thought it would be a good idea to roll sidwayes and slam into my head it hurt a lot and I think it was 13 stiches I got from the metal spinner

OMG 1 Kg mass on one spot on your head has to hurt a lot! :eek:

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
I did take an Assassin (rear engine combat wing) to the face when a friend missed a catch.
No harm done, left a little sting. Apparently was a hilarious thing to watch.

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
I never fly into myself but once I nearly did! I went down with my hole body still having control of the little wing. Everyone had a laugh at me and I thought it was funny as well, because I kinda went down more like a reflex.

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
Love it! I've yet to crash into myself, but came very close to taking out my father-in-law. He was filming some low passes with my (late) P51. One pass went so close to him that he got a lot of prop wash... Could have been really nasty. I'll have a look through my vids and see if I can find that bit of footage.

Jeffrey Saelee

Airplane Dope
I've flown a PZ micro T-28 into myself--but of course, no harm done, as it was winter and I had a jacket on--and its a tiny light plane

Last edited: