The Champ To Be Delivered Today!

CatholicFlyer

So excited, it is here and will be delivered today, in my previous posts on learning about how to build a B-52 tandem wing plane, everyone and I agree to start small, so I was thinking if the Champ, if the wing breaks, needs a new wing, what will be the difference flying a v-tandem wing instead of the usual wing and will the Champ have to be modified?

Userofmuchtape&glue

Posted a thousand or more times
I think even though you seem to have your heart set on a Tandem wing design it would be a really bad idea to try it on something as small as the champ. At the very least it would require cutting elevens into your second wing and working out mix for them as rudder probably won't work with another wing glued on the back.

All the same tho, experiment and share! Heck its only foam and money lol

CatholicFlyer

sorry to bring it up again, man, trying to get inspired by the B-52 and another crash and burn. I like how the wings are, I know I'm weird because I like that shape, just looks cool, like an old spy plane. I will try to not bring it up again. Forgive me if i was rude or anything, just thinking ahead when the first crash comes and fun of inventing. @Chuppster @Userofmuchtape&glue @DamoRC

Chuppster

If you crash your Champ and you can't repair it you should totally try to mod it and make it work. The thing is, you don't have a ton of flexibility when it comes to modding it. If you want to replace the wing you almost have to do a very similar style wing because you can't change the CG and it's a 3-channel so you don't get ailerons.

CatholicFlyer

If you crash your Champ and you can't repair it you should totally try to mod it and make it work. The thing is, you don't have a ton of flexibility when it comes to modding it. If you want to replace the wing you almost have to do a very similar style wing because you can't change the CG and it's a 3-channel so you don't get ailerons.

thanks.