The Clipped Wing Tiny Trainer Racer

SlingShot

Maneuvering With Purpose
20170417_232544.jpg

Cut the wing panels down to 12" 3/4 and capped the tips. 25" 7/8 wingspan overall. Zero dihedral.

Last edited:

magic_marty

Looks like it should move...I am thinking of going to opposite direction, building the polyhedral wing and adding 6'' to 8'' to each panel making a floater to glide around and catch thermals

Henry

The Tiny trainer is pretty versatile, seems people can turn it into almost anything. I stuck my last one in a tree. Should really build another one.

Can't wait to see how yours goes.

SlingShot

Maneuvering With Purpose
Looks like it should move...I am thinking of going to opposite direction, building the polyhedral wing and adding 6'' to 8'' to each panel making a floater to glide around and catch thermals

That will be very stable and easy to fly. And if you made some minor allowances you could carry the wing in four pieces (three maybe) and transport it in a suitcase. Did I mention that the shorty wing fits in a suitcase?

SlingShot

Maneuvering With Purpose

It flies OK but it's not really a good test. I hinked the airfoil as the spar didn't sit completely flat. The wing chord ended up a little fatter than intended. Consequently, the thinner wing should go faster.

dryhiker

Clipped Wing, but Still a Trainer!

I clipped the wings on my Tiny Trainer due to an unfortunate hangar accident. It flies faster and is much more responsive in roll, and I am having to learn not to over-control. I tried to fly a Mighty Mini F-22 and it was bad! I crashed a lot. I think if I can master the clipped wing TT, I will have a more successful transition to the jets! I love this plane!

Andy.

SlingShot

Maneuvering With Purpose
Haha. Cool! Try dialing the throws way back on the F-22 until you can decide how you like it.

Mach60

If you like the clipped wing version, strap the mini guinea pig wings to the tiny trainer fuse. Woo Hoo!! that is a blast!