The Talespin Tavern -all things off topic

Off-topic jes

Elite member
Yeah it’s a pretty cool plane, I got to see it’s areobatics demonstration and it’s crazy what a talented pilot can do with all the thrust vectoring and stuff
I agree I live in Oregon and over in Burns. yearly they have an airshow I’m going this year and last year they had an old jet not sure what kind it was but it flew mock one and it was just awesome not to mention they had two fully restored B-17‘s that flew out of there, and several corsairs that were part of the show! Go to it I’d be glad to see you

Flightspeed

Convicted Necroposter
I agree I live in Oregon and over in Burns. yearly they have an airshow I’m going this year and last year they had an old jet not sure what kind it was but it flew mock one and it was just awesome not to mention they had two fully restored B-17‘s that flew out of there, and several corsairs that were part of the show! Go to it I’d be glad to see you
I’m a fair way from Oregon
8ED7BCCB-A4E5-4B2B-96A1-4FEAA3137E1D.png

OliverW

Legendary member
They had a similar thing in aurora a handful of years ago. There was a couple B-17’s, a B-24, skyraider, B-25, and a P-51D

Off-topic jes

Elite member
Hello guys hope you’re all having a great time of flight fest at the middle of nowhere please just tell me how the B-17 flies I saw the video but I’d like to see a flight test anyway I’m here to ask questions on the super sportster I need a new motor mounts I have a super tiger 20 cc engine and I’m wondering if this mount from hobby king would work
F5C078FC-7CF6-497D-81BB-A07AC91E2024.png

CrshNBrn

Elite member
Anybody else running out of room in their hanger? I'm full... and there are still more planes to build.

Do you know when you all have that airshow? I live over by Salem and would make the drive to Burns for something cool like that.

Attachments

• 20220625_105352.jpg
    20220625_105352.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220625_105655.jpg
    20220625_105655.jpg
    787.4 KB · Views: 0

Off-topic jes

Elite member
Anybody else running out of room in their hanger? I'm full... and there are still more planes to build.

Do you know when you all have that airshow? I live over by Salem and would make the drive to Burns for something cool like that.
Somewhere in the next 3-4 months I’m guessing

Off-topic jes

Elite member
Not RC related but I picked up a project bike today - 2001 TL1000S with a TL1000R engine in it. $700 because it won't start. Hopefully it'll be a quick fix and flip.

View attachment 227766

View attachment 227767
Oh that’s awesome I’m really into bikes too although I am just a kid I got too mini bikes and an original pristine condition 1979 Honda trail 90 that me and my dad restored, and my dad just bought a brand new TW 200 Yamaha to get out on the trail

Off-topic jes

Elite member
A friend gave me this new plane today and here’s the before and after the wings it was sitting for a long time so I need to do some engine work on it because the engine is jammed at the moment but I’m pretty sure with a new glow plug and some oil so I can get it running