The Coffee Shop - For general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks for the tip, but how do I get it to rc also, would this be a little too big:Keil Kraft Caprice - The Vintage Model Company or would love to make this:Keil Kraft Invader - The Vintage Model Company rc, but do not know how, and my 3ch reciever does not have mixing
Come on dude, haven't you already drawn up & built several planes already? You'll have to start thinking like a designer.
They're all great platforms. Pick one that seems most suitable to use as a pattern to build an uncomplicated RC model. Think about what you'll do with the motor, where you'll mount the battery, etc. Think about the plane's size to match the motor you have. Think about what you'll do for hatch access. Simplify the outlines as needed. Build it like a FT kit.

When it flies it'll be a tremendous success for you. A real milestone.

Come on dude, haven't you already drawn up & built several planes already? You'll have to start thinking like a designer.
They're all great platforms. Pick one that seems most suitable to use as a pattern to build an uncomplicated RC model. Think about what you'll do with the motor, where you'll mount the battery, etc. Think about the plane's size to match the motor you have. Think about what you'll do for hatch access. Simplify the outlines as needed. Build it like a FT kit.

When it flies it'll be a tremendous success for you. A real milestone.
When I say simplify, I mean it. If it has a complicated wing shape, make it a rectangle! Same chord, same airfoil down the full length of the wing. I already told you, your primary goal right now has to be to design/build a plane that flies.

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
When I say simplify, I mean it. If it has a complicated wing shape, make it a rectangle! Same chord, same airfoil down the full length of the wing. I already told you, your primary goal right now has to be to design/build a plane that flies.
my goal is not to design it from dtfb. my goal is to take an existing kit, and make it rc without modifying it too much, and for it to fly without a motor.

Status
Not open for further replies.