The Coffee Shop - For general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
I have used Zippy batteries in the past but had them puff up so stay clear of them now. Even the Nano Techs are not that reliable these days.
I would buy these if I could afford them:
1621031554530.png

Excellent batteries (y)

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
You don't have personal experience with them, right?
Your quite right no personal experience, I have just read reviews of people who bought and used them from Amazon and Banggood. Some people had no issues, but when one guy had a battery expand after a flight and a second of his batteries explode and catch fire while charging it makes me nervous about quality.
There where other comments positive and negative but that one stuck in my mind as he said "it nearly burnt his house down".

Bricks

Master member
fingers crossed I have never had a blue Turnigy puff up.

How many do you want I have five sitting here that one or more cells are shot and two puffed just sitting at storage charge and one went totally dead just sitting at storage charge never puffed just plain a-- dead. I will never buy a Turnigy ever again same thing has happed to my nephew and his Turnigy`s.

Bricks

Master member
Your quite right no personal experience, I have just read reviews of people who bought and used them from Amazon and Banggood. Some people had no issues, but when one guy had a battery expand after a flight and a second of his batteries explode and catch fire while charging it makes me nervous about quality.
There where other comments positive and negative but that one stuck in my mind as he said "it nearly burnt his house down".

Like anything on the internet have to take some things with a grain of salt, as not everyone tells the truth as to the what and where for`s. Not saying the guy did not have problems.

Heard so many bad reviews of those batteries - one was a guy who reported having two flights and they died ?
Be careful with relying too much on online reviews. I bought a small item through Amazon only to figure out the vast majority of the reviews for the thing were bogus. That'll never happen again, not if I can help it. China. You get what you pay for, and they've never been known for quality craftsmanship.

Also, I was in real estate for a few years, rentals in Manhattan. The last time I ever looked at anything in Yelp was when I read horrible, horrible reviews of the best, most respectable, professional and no-BS landlord in the City.

BlockerAviation

Legendary member
Anybody else still using one of these? IMG_20210515_000119974.jpg
I was using it in my great planes Extra 300s up until a moment ago, but finally decided to get it updated. I put a tactic Rx in it and now just need a Rx battery and I'll be ready to fly!
IMG_20210515_210801334.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20210515_001020795.jpg
    IMG_20210515_001020795.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20210514_235732692.jpg
    IMG_20210514_235732692.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Bricks

Master member
Be careful with relying too much on online reviews. I bought a small item through Amazon only to figure out the vast majority of the reviews for the thing were bogus. That'll never happen again, not if I can help it. China. You get what you pay for, and they've never been known for quality craftsmanship..

You got that right my other buys stuff off of Amazon she gets cards from several different sellers offering either cash back or discounts for giving there product a five star rating. She has sent them to Amazon customer service and never hears a peep back.

Status
Not open for further replies.