The Coffee Shop - For general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

OliverW

Legendary member
It fall to pieces?
Yeah lol. The plane has a speed limit that I exceeded haha. It only had a couple flights left on it so I put a bigger prop on it and sent it
20210718_130026.jpg

Battery800

Elite member
@Battery800 and I were able to get a successful maiden flight of his Cormorant II yesterday! The left motor was spooling harder than the right, which is the probable cause for the issues encountered. After recalibrating both, it had a successful maiden! The split flaps seemed to work well at providing extra drag for approach and landing, and had very little associated pitching moment compared to the fowlers I have on mine. We maidened on a small 3s, it should really come into its element once it's put on 4s. @Battery800 nice meeting you and best of luck with future flights!
Alright, so I got a couple of flights on the cormorant yesterday. I needed to move the battery forward a bit but other than that it flew well... until the right wing started to fold at the aileron servo. So I glued a paint stick to the top and tried again, and it was much better, and I didn’t break anything. I might need to make another one because of the water damage is causing all of the control surfaces to delaminate but I would recommend either making the wingtips thicker or moving the servo a bit so you can fit a wooden spar of some sort

Status
Not open for further replies.