Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
1611026042512.png

Prefer this colour scheme

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
Forgot to mention, regards my dispute with WISH, a further update. I finally received the pull-start and one way bearing last week, even though it was via a neighbour. Who discovered my parcel on someone elses drive behind there wall, I can only assume our wonderful Royal Mail service dropped it.
Anyway, I was begining to mellow a little towards WISH as they had tried to make amends by sending me a replacement order.
That was is until yesterday, when I decided to take a break from cutting out the Scout. I decided I would assemble the bearing and pull start on the nitro car.
I eagerly opened the packet removed the one way bearing and pull start. Then discovered there where only 2 mounting bolts, instead of the 4 required. Sorry WISH you can't even get it right on the second attempt.

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
On a more serious note, today was a record day for Coronavirus deaths in the UK 1,610. The highest single number of deaths in one day since the outbreak began.
:(

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
Fortunately my 90yr old mother has had both antivirus injections so she is fully inoculated. My wife has had the first antivirus injection last week as she works for the NHS and is a key worker. My mother in law has also had her first inoculation last week, she is in her late 80's.
I am expecting my daughter to get her first antivirus injection soon, she is also a key worker in the NHS and will be assisting as a volunteer at the local inoculation centre.
My Son, Brother, Son-in-law and grand kids are all in good health, so they will be lower down the list for their injections.

It will probably be next year for me if I survive. I am probably well down the list of priorities, after the vagrants and homeless.

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
Has anyone ever built a modified FT Flyer, with a flat wing section incorporating a KF step and ailerons ?
I just fancy a quick easy build plane,that I can fly for fun in all weathers that's a bit more aerobatic than the original 3ch Flyer.
Please nobody suggest the FT Delta I can't stand that plane.

Flyingshark

Master member
Has anyone ever built a modified FT Flyer, with a flat wing section incorporating a KF step and ailerons ?
I just fancy a quick easy build plane,that I can fly for fun in all weathers that's a bit more aerobatic than the original 3ch Flyer.
Please nobody suggest the FT Delta I can't stand that plane.
Something like that is on my design/build list, but I've only built a mini version of the Flyer, with 3ch control. Still did high alpha pretty well though.

Quinnyperks

Legendary member
El Alamein and The battle for Midway awsome reads. My Father was in the Royal Navy so I also have fondness for naval stories, like Sinking of the Bismark and Tirpitz, obviously anything linked to the Battle of Britain as well.
The british merchant ships with the rocket hurricanes is cool. They were used to shoot down the focke wulf
Condors.

Status
Not open for further replies.