The Coffee Shop - For general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotto

Elite member
Sweet. I personly like the tool making and trying different things around this forum. Some where along the way the "test" part of "flitetest" is being replaced with an expectation of a gar-un-tee for some people. And flight is even spelled wrong i think. Maybe on purpose?o_O:sneaky:

Hondo76251

Legendary member
Im impressed they were ever able to justify giving away free plans. Would seem hard to build a business when you are so generous with your intellectual property. Im glad it has worked for them, lord knows they've done more to build this hobby than anyone. They've earned some measure of loyalty from me for that, even if I dont always agree with every move they make. Its easy to judge from the outside when you're not the one trying to run a business, laying awake at night trying to figure out how you're going to make payroll.

On a more practical level, I dont worry about plans. I just buy the Speed Build Kits and use them as a permanent set of plans to trace. Thats so much easier for me than sizing, printing, and tracing. Takes a bit more to store them but its so easy to make repair pieces (or a whole new plane for that matter)

Piotrsko

Master member
Sweet. I personly like the tool making and trying different things around this forum. Some where along the way the "test" part of "flitetest" is being replaced with an expectation of a gar-un-tee for some people. And flight is even spelled wrong i think. Maybe on purpose?o_O:sneaky:
Flight test was trademarked. Long time ago.
Some people expect instant competence. Can't even estimate how many people want a full scale hiperf whatever as their first experience and cannot be dissuaded, then get really mad when 10 seconds into the first flight it becomes a pile of trash.

The free plans tends you to buy your stuff from them. Better to make small profit often than 1 large profit once

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
is this real or am i missing something, 30 bucks seems to good to be true

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/quanum-...D=60889&indexName=hbk_live_products_analytics

Receiver: -90 dBm senitivity - my goggles are -98dBm, which would give move then 2x the distance for a given vtx power with the same antennas
Weight: 445g without battery - that is about 1lb hanging off your face before the battery (and they seem to hang farther out then most)

so, for the price, could be a good first set of googles, but there are some things about them that are sub-optimal.

Flightspeed

Convicted Necroposter
Teaching myself to use cad, learning curve is straight up🤣 working on a fuesalage rn, I’ve got to figure how to make the back slope inward, it’s a little confusing, I still have no idea how your spose to get it from cad to plans then lol

Flightspeed

Convicted Necroposter
I’ll have to watch them when I get back on tomorrow🙂 I’ve got it somewhat figured out by now, a few more hours and I’ll be able to make some stuff😄

Status
Not open for further replies.