The Coffee Shop - For general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
Ive just bought myself an FRsky V8FR-II 8ch receiver, from Aliexpress. Its my last treat and early birthday present before the new roof has to be paid for.
I have not tried one of these ACCST protocols before on my Radiomaster, so I am eager to see how it performs. I only paid £22.89 for it which equates to $31.40, not bad for a 8ch receiver that claims to be capable of a 1.5 - 2.5 km range.
Nice change of topic lol. Also make sure to let us know how it performs. I assume you will not be testing the 1.5-2.5 km range though right?

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
Nice change of topic lol. Also make sure to let us know how it performs. I assume you will not be testing the 1.5-2.5 km range though right?
Only if my son and the dog help me out, I can strap the receiver, servo and battery to the collar and send them out for a walk when they get 1.5km he can ring me and I will actuate the gimble and see if the servo works lol :LOL:

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
In reality I may very rarely reach the 400 ft limit with a really big glider(it gets hard to see at that height), in general I only fly in the 200ft to 300ft range depending on my model size I plan to fly.
I always do a range test on every model before flying. From the pitts area to the top end of the runway at our club its around 50ft. If I can still get a reasonabley stable RSSI signal and operate my servos on the low power, range test setting. It ususally gives me enough confidence to fly the model to the 400ft ceiling limit. However, if the RSSI is low and I get verbal warnings at the 50ft distance then I would restrict the plane to 300ft max.
If the RSSI is critical on low power mode at 30ft or less I wont use that receiver.

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
Just realised the V series receivers use telemtery and are able to transmit data via the FRsky DJT-JR module which are quite cheap at the moment at Banggood. If the TX16 can't pick up the telemetry itself, then I may buy one of these external modules. It also gives me wireless buddy box options with an additional external module.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
YAY!!!!!! I actually accomplished something today. Managed to get Reflex XTR sim (made for win 95) to work on Win 10 AND figured out how to play in high res and record in lower res. Just need to work out the color adjustments on the record side. seems to be way more contrasty and saturated then what gets to my monitor. These may take a short period to fully post as YT says SD is processed waiting on HD.

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
YAY!!!!!! I actually accomplished something today. Managed to get Reflex XTR sim (made for win 95) to work on Win 10 AND figured out how to play in high res and record in lower res. Just need to work out the color adjustments on the record side. seems to be way more contrasty and saturated then what gets to my monitor. These may take a short period to fully post as YT says SD is processed waiting on HD.

Forget the contrast and colour saturation, thats better quality than my Phoenix flight sim with regards realism. I loved the way the Stuka bumped along the ground when it was preparing to take off. If you get that contrast and colour sorted you have a nice piece of software to play with.
Must admit the fact that my PC was a hand me down from a guy called Noah doesn't help, but I dont recollect seeing my planes taxi with that amount of realism on my Sim.
Nice bit of ressurection (y)

OliverW

Legendary member
I can't wait to fly my scout. It takes up every inch of my room lol
20210127_143947.jpg

OliverW

Legendary member
All I can say is I hope it survives as long as possible ;):LOL: your excellent piloting skills do not transfer over to your abilities to keep a foamboard plane for more then 1 flight... ;D
Thanks 😂😂🤣 most of my other ones I don't intend on keeping around for long but this scout is gonna be the yin to my tundras yang hopefully. The tundra is absolutely awesome, but it needed a sporty-er side kick

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Forget the contrast and colour saturation, thats better quality than my Phoenix flight sim with regards realism. I loved the way the Stuka bumped along the ground when it was preparing to take off. If you get that contrast and colour sorted you have a nice piece of software to play with.
Must admit the fact that my PC was a hand me down from a guy called Noah doesn't help, but I dont recollect seeing my planes taxi with that amount of realism on my Sim.
Nice bit of ressurection (y)

Its actually an EXTREMLY efficient sim. I was playing it at 3840 x 2160 resolution and recording at 1920 x 1080 and it was rocking over 500 fps stable. The original sim back in the 90's cost $400 when I got it. This thing does EVERYTHING with models including random winds, bump forces, every possible parameter of an aircraft you can think of. PLUS you can import and make your own models if you wanted to spend the time.

Heres a little secret... I had to replace the dongle it came with as it finally died a year or so back. Found one for $20 on Amazon and that came with pirated copies ( I would assume) of Reflex XTR ( this sim) as well as Real Flight and a few others. I never tired them as its a Chinese thing and I am super paranoid over cracked games but for others might be worth 20 bones to give it a shot. If you do happen to get it up and running lemme know as I have acquired a TON of aircraft others have made. Theres is over 20 fields to fly as well. Most are real life places in Germany but others I have include the AMA field out west. All done with panoramic photography so you can fly 360 and you can move pilot position as well. Theres even cliffs and beaches for soaring and a bunch of gliders too.

Just realised the V series receivers use telemtery and are able to transmit data via the FRsky DJT-JR module which are quite cheap at the moment at Banggood. If the TX16 can't pick up the telemetry itself, then I may buy one of these external modules. It also gives me wireless buddy box options with an additional external module.
And a Gilson differential respirometer.

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
Looks great I would probably use that sim of yours. I got a bit bored with the Phoenix sim to be honest. The dongle I got had real flight sim on but never got it to work, the code was wrong. As I only bought the set-up for Phoenix I never really bothered about the Real flight sim part.

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
What are you on about ? :LOL:
You haven't heard of it? The new Gilson is the lightest and fastest respirometer, while also having the perks of being differential. This time they made it digital instead of analog to make it a bit faster and easier to use. While it is a bit pricey I can say that it is worth it for sure. Also @Monte.C you didn't do the best job of sounding technical. Next time leave it to the experts like me (tsk tsk).

Hey congrats! That's an accomplishment. That was for Win95?! I'm surprised. Looks good.

Status
Not open for further replies.