The Controversial Storch Build! (placeholder for now)

Gazoo

Looking forward to seeing something in the air. I know you have a lot on your shoulders so no pressure...but it would be nice to see. Or at least hear a good story.

PoorManRC

Master member
Yeah, things are rough.... I'm trying.
I also realize that actually Flying something, will be great therapy! I do really hope that none of you ever have to experience anything this bad.
The end is in sight, just not soon enough. Thank you though!

PoorManRC

Master member
I'd like to say so, but our family's situation still isn't MUCH better! We got close to catching up, but everything STOPPED, 2 weeks before Christmas.
That's just the cards we were dealt.
IF I get something Flying, I WILL post it here, for the few friends that I have. They've been good.

kilroy07

Legendary member
Alright, time to wrap this up.
IMG_9172.JPG

I finished up my build and decided to donate mine in the Auction for Veterans at this year's Flite Fest (2019)

Here's some pics and a short video of the auction.
(Spoiler, she went for $100!)

IMG_9170.JPG IMG_9171.JPG

PoorManRC

Master member
My Brothers and Sisters will definitely appreciate that!!
WOW! Even if I was able to finish my Storch, it wouldn't have looked 10% that good. Honestly.
Glad it went to a good cause!

I ruined mine during the cutting. o_O I've discovered that me and Blades, with my hands, don't go well together...
It was valuable learning experience though, so there's that.

~ Carmine

PoorManRC

Master member
Just as a slow close to this story...
The Storch I'd love to try again, but I made a MESS of the first one. :(

My TT.... Well, someone gave me the gift of the "defective Hot Glue" that Josh mentioned in a few Videos. Lesson learned.
She flew....
But in warm weather, after the ESC warmed up, that Glue MELTED!! Just as Peter warned in the Video. The front of the Plane literally came apart in the front section, and blew apart in mid air! (n)(n)o_O

I only wish I had video. It would have made for a great laugh....

Anyway, thanks to those who supported me. I'm close to being done with a Simple Cub, quite modified.

After, hopefully, I'll be building a Simple Scout! I'm actually looking forward to that.
Thanks Guys!

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
But in warm weather, after the ESC warmed up, that Glue MELTED!! Just as Peter warned in the Video. The front of the Plane literally came apart in the front section, and blew apart in mid air! (n)(n)o_O

I only wish I had video. It would have made for a great laugh....

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I've had parts come off before, but nothing quite like that! And now you've got a great story to tell!