The custom and repair Hangar

skymaster

Elite member
So tonight i was working on one of my minis that was ready for the scrapyard taking the servos which will go on the commuter. and i happen to look at one that i have not use for a long time, it is one of my first builds which is like two or three years old . I build this cruiser and it flew great but now i wonder if i can make it a single motor plane. i have to cut off one of the wing tips, which is all wrinkle do to a crash, i also have to reglue one of the servo's all servo's are in good condition. so what do you think could it be made in to a single engine plane. ill be getting rid of the power pod swappable power pods. maybe ill make them into landing gear pods . any suggestions . as you can see the pilot is still in the cockpit waiting .

Attachments

• 2019-10-22 21.55.23.jpg
    2019-10-22 21.55.23.jpg
    595.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 2019-10-22 21.42.36.jpg
    2019-10-22 21.42.36.jpg
    719 KB · Views: 0
  • 2019-10-22 21.45.26.jpg
    2019-10-22 21.45.26.jpg
    696.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 2019-10-22 21.45.58.jpg
    2019-10-22 21.45.58.jpg
    769.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 2019-10-22 21.54.12.jpg
    2019-10-22 21.54.12.jpg
    695.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 2019-10-22 21.55.13.jpg
    2019-10-22 21.55.13.jpg
    668.9 KB · Views: 0

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
So tonight i was working on one of my minis that was ready for the scrapyard taking the servos which will go on the commuter. and i happen to look at one that i have not use for a long time, it is one of my first builds which is like two or three years old . I build this cruiser and it flew great but now i wonder if i can make it a single motor plane. i have to cut off one of the wing tips, which is all wrinkle do to a crash, i also have to reglue one of the servo's all servo's are in good condition. so what do you think could it be made in to a single engine plane. ill be getting rid of the power pod swappable power pods. maybe ill make them into landing gear pods . any suggestions . as you can see the pilot is still in the cockpit waiting .
That sounds like a cool project. You could even try it as a twin pusher... just a thought. Keep us updated😊

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
With foam board anything is possible my friend. You could totally make it a single engine plane. It would take some doing though, but you would have a pretty solid airframe. You could easily fit a power pod in the width of the fuse but a typical swappable power pod won't fit because of the mid wing design. So this is what I propose.

Knock the point off the nose, do a fixed firewall with a fixed battery box just behind it that will run the length of the fuse, notched into the leading edge inside the fuse, and a battery hatch that opens up in the top of the nose. If you would like a good thread to do this you can check out how I did it to my Simple Scout in this link here. In this thread it was a ground up build and not a mod to a already built plane, but it may be easier this way because the plane is already there to work with and physically see how it will go together. It worked great on my Scout and I can't see why it wouldn't work here.

Have fun and I can't wait to see how you will finish this one up. Good Luck

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
With foam board anything is possible my friend. You could totally make it a single engine plane. It would take some doing though, but you would have a pretty solid airframe. You could easily fit a power pod in the width of the fuse but a typical swappable power pod won't fit because of the mid wing design. So this is what I propose.

Knock the point off the nose, do a fixed firewall with a fixed battery box just behind it that will run the length of the fuse, notched into the leading edge inside the fuse, and a battery hatch that opens up in the top of the nose. If you would like a good thread to do this you can check out how I did it to my Simple Scout in this link here. In this thread it was a ground up build and not a mod to a already built plane, but it may be easier this way because the plane is already there to work with and physically see how it will go together. It worked great on my Scout and I can't see why it wouldn't work here.

Have fun and I can't wait to see how you will finish this one up. Good Luck
Orrrr, just chop the nose off and stick in a power pod. Chop the nacelles off the wings and throw it into the air! @skymaster, that's what you want to do. Just go for it! :love:

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Orrrr, just chop the nose off and stick in a power pod. Chop the nacelles off the wings and throw it into the air! @skymaster, that's what you want to do. Just go for it! :love:
Buzz is right in the "just go for it!" category, no rules with foam board. Just make it fly on one motor, even as a pusher or chop the wingtips off and glue them together to make a top wing as a biplane. Anything is possible (y):cool:(y)

skymaster

Elite member
had little time to work on it but i removed what i did not need. i did remove the damaged wing tip and replace it . one other thing y is my post on your reply modified bilonivalorito if you guys look at where is says do to a crash. the words that fallow are not from my post on the begining if looks like a link. but here is where i am now.

Attachments

• 2019-10-28 00.39.23.jpg
    2019-10-28 00.39.23.jpg
    798.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 2019-10-28 00.39.40.jpg
    2019-10-28 00.39.40.jpg
    781.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 2019-10-28 00.40.02.jpg
    2019-10-28 00.40.02.jpg
    807.3 KB · Views: 0

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
It's what happens when someone wants to speak to you specifically the will hit the "Reply" button. It also will notify you in your alerts so you know someone has responded to you.

Disassembly looks like it's goin well. Do you have a plan for how your going to make it a single motor operation?