The CyberQuad

Darkback2

Kph = about 3/5 mph :p so with the pusher it goes about half as fast. Then again, I couldn't handle going half as fast so it will be a while before I could dream of benefiting from either of these designs.

DB

jipp

so 88 mph that number comes up a lot damn it, i see a conspiracy theory popping up! i would rename it to lawn dart my self. wonder how fast it would go on 5s :D lts orange to apples trying to compare the two air frames since they are different.. it is interesting how people go about trying to solve the same issues.. im sure we will see some other far out ideas too ass the Flight controllers and firmware become more advance.. and also some very intelligent men and women having there reality warped by some mind altering lube!.. im thinking we need more EDF action. that is one part that has been neglected. :D i want it for the noise it would make a race.. heh. would be exciting watching and seeing 8 74mm EDF race quads hit the track at full throttle D: ( im pretty sure 74, or maybe 78mm is where a EDF becomes most efficient? ) we have lots more creative ideas to come.. hobby is young still. :D

my guess whoever built that came from a rc boating back ground :D

chris.

Last edited:

jipp

any reason why you hacked a battery? or just a miss happ, and you repaired.. just seem like some kind of black magic stuff going on when things like that pop out. ege, anyhow
this thing is faster than ill ever be able to fly ithink. :D

chris

Cyberdactyl

Misfit Multirotor Monkey
~100mph sounds about right for 5S.

Is the reduction from 6S to 5S the worry of possible desyncing issues using 2500KV?

catalystmachine

~100mph sounds about right for 5S.

Is the reduction from 6S to 5S the worry of possible desyncing issues using 2500KV?

Truth be told we did not go out there intending to break any records with the Stigg. We held this top speed challenge for other pilots. We build up a completely different machine for our top speed attempts (250-R prototype on 6s). It only hit in the mid 80's. Our stiggs were really setup with normal track racing in mind to be honest. We did some 4s speed runs with it and hit in the high 80's and low 90's. Then we saw how fast Chris Doughman's alien was running on his chopped up 5s pack and asked if he would agree to let us try it on the Stigg. He said "Hell yea! Lets see what happens". And what do you know! We went over 100 mph.

We didn't plan anything. It was all just messing around. It looks like we planned it out because of the video quality and editing. Our second business is video production and we had all our gear out filming the Arkansas Mile event. My business partner saw how fast we were running and decided to crank up the FS700 to capture some runs. Now that we got a taste for speed we really will plan our next stigg build out carefully and see if we can break 120 mph.

You can see Chris run on our FB page.

https://www.facebook.com/catalystmachineworks/

Cyberdactyl

Misfit Multirotor Monkey
FOXTECH has sort of jumped in on the bandwagon of low drag consideration with its "Screamer".

I feel it is a crude approach, in that it adds a good 40g of motor, prop and mount instead of merely dealing and reducing z-axis planform drag. Plus it relies entirely on one motor for transitional speed. However, it does have the advantage of keeping the z-axis pointed vertical at all times.