The day i found out that acrylic paint and packing tape on foam are like best freinds?

JetCrafts

So how this came about , so I had a art project due the after I found this out and I was planning on using foamboard and popsicle sticks. Then I realise how do I paint foam board(the foamboard I get doesn't have the paper backing so I use packing tape) so during my french tuition that day I paint a piece of scrap foam and let it dry . I do 2 sides on sand papered and the other not . I had thought looking at the physical properties of the 2 , they wouldn't stick but half an hour later I found out the not sand papered one worked the best I was astonished . (I don't know y I haven't done this in the past 4 years I have been in the hobby.)(y do I have 3 sets of acrylic paint when I hate art but love craft . ans: I'm a 8th grader who term 2 will get over 1 1/2 months ,so crunch time, and also I live in India so shits weird) sry no pics I don't have time

danskis

Master member
Great write up. So do you put the plastic packing tape on first and then paint it or do you put the tape over the paint?

JetCrafts

Great write up. So do you put the plastic packing tape on first and then paint it or do you put the tape over the paint?
first plastic packing tape as my foam board doesn't have the paper backing so all my sheets are covered with packing tape