The FAA is at again!

Captain Video

The attached screen shot is what just came in my email. We are in more trouble. Look at the companies who were “selected” to help the FAA develop the remote Id. Thoughts? Keep it clean. It took every ounce of sense to keep me from ranting. Thanks for listening.

Attachments

• 5678EF58-C363-4558-B9A9-4D3626450D6B.png
    5678EF58-C363-4558-B9A9-4D3626450D6B.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 0

b-29er

Sounds like a well rounded crew, we have airframe design, hardware design, logistics/IT, software, mapping, networking, and two SUAS delivery services. Great setup if you want every single aircraft mapped. or are setting up commercial operations in national airspace.

Captain Video

Okay maybe I am a little rattled. But do you want to have the FAA overlords force you to purchase additional electronics because of a knee jerk reaction due to the knuckle heads who do stupid stunt to get likes on their YouTube channel. I am not a fan of governmental emphasis on mental overreach. Why are we being punished. Ugh. Frustrated to no end.

Captain Video

We are Charlie Brown and the FAA is Lucy with a football pulling it away as we are trying to kick it. That is what I feel will happen if the FAA gets its way. Thanks. I am getting down from my soap box.

Ranger_107

Elite member
This could cost hundreds of dollars. maybe make the planes that have to have tags like 10-15 pounds? or maybe just every hobbyist needs a license? AAAAHH. SO MAD. hopefully you could use something cheap to be tracked. or, if the government wants all of this security, why not buy the stuff for us? So Angering. UGH

speedbirdted

Legendary member
See this is what happens when people who have no involvement in something try to regulate it. It's pretty much the same scenario that happens when video game developers either don't play their own games or don't pay attention to the community. I can see the concerns that the FAA has about the potential dangers our little hobby poses to manned aviation... but not how big these potential dangers are according to the FAA. They're acting like there's a problem that doesn't exist, as there have been exactly zero deaths linked to any manned aircraft accident caused by a model in the good 65 years the two have coexisted.

I feel they also have a very poor understanding of how difficult most airplanes are to stuff things like transponders and all the equipment you need for a WiFi datalink into an airplane. A little parkflier foamy will not even come close to being able to take the weight. Besides, I feel any time the purchase of any specific product becomes required by law, the legislation should no longer be followed.

Last edited:

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
See this is what happens when people who have no involvement in something try to regulate it. It's pretty much the same scenario that happens when video game developers either don't play their own games or don't pay attention to the community. I can see the concerns that the FAA has about the potential dangers our little hobby poses to manned aviation... but not how big these potential dangers are according to the FAA. No, mister old fat balding government man, it is not possible to stuff a transponder and a wifi datalink into a foam parkflier that weighs 6 ounces. Find some other way to solve the problem that actually obeys the laws of physics.
Yep, and it would just get worse for the minis, especially the heavier ones (I have some planes that are over 250 grams and there is ZERO extra space inside). Also, if this rule applies to all aircraft and not just the over 250 gram ones, then dlg pilots with their sleek planes and tiny electronics pods are really in trouble.

speedbirdted

Legendary member
The whole situation with the comment period has not really given me hope either. If anything, it's taught me that we can scream as loud as we want, but the FAA has no problem with simply ignoring us and moving on.

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
why do I read this before bed...?
@ManicSkies - your question is right on.

I stand on my initial response to a co-workers question about what the FAA is doing to the hobby you love.
"They're F&cking us"

The team Looks well rounded, but it is to create a product to shove at us as the Remote ID mandatory compulsory solution. This is a buy-it-or-be-fined/jailed/die. It is a sour chord the resonates unjust/unlawful/inappropriate/and even possibly fascist in nature according to my bones.

I will begin building Sripol ultralights at that point. if I die in the process, at least I'm doing something I love.