The fails before the success

Jakedews4

Just thought I might start a thread to show all the planes I had to build before I finally got one to fly. Just thought I might show that for anyone who is struggling just like I was to build a plane that flies.

Attachments

• 82EFE48F-D0F1-4CB7-B565-BA987F4981DB.jpeg
    82EFE48F-D0F1-4CB7-B565-BA987F4981DB.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0

FL_Engineer

Elite member
😂the top right one Was the one that finally flew.
That's funny, my scout was my first plane and while it flew on the maiden, it is my least favorite plane so far :D. What was your trouble with the Goblin? I'm considering a 75% version in the near future.

KSP_CPA

That's funny, my scout was my first plane and while it flew on the maiden, it is my least favorite plane so far :D. What was your trouble with the Goblin? I'm considering a 75% version in the near future.
Yeah, same here, scratch built a scout while everything was closed and maidened it two weeks ago. Its overweight, tail heavy, pitchy, trimmed to the ends, and cramped on the inside.

It also had nothing to do with the design; I used heavy foam board, heavy servo wire, and a gravely motor. Basically a bunch of parts I found laying around...

FL_Engineer

Elite member
Yeah, same here, scratch built a scout while everything was closed and maidened it two weeks ago. Its overweight, tail heavy, pitchy, trimmed to the ends, and cramped on the inside.

It also had nothing to do with the design; I used heavy foam board, heavy servo wire, and a gravely motor. Basically a bunch of parts I found laying around...
One of my criticisms is the lack of space for adjustment of battery. I end up pushing my 1300mah so far forward in barely clears the prop. Granted it was my first build and I may have used half a dozen glue sticks.

Jakedews4

To be honest I have no idea. It just always seemed to tip and crash every time I flew it. Although when I think about it that happened to almost every plane I built that didn’t fly.

Aireal Anarchist

Elite member
To be honest I have no idea. It just always seemed to tip and crash every time I flew it. Although when I think about it that happened to almost every plane I built that didn’t fly.
sounds like you maybe keep making a CG issue and your tail heavy...... make us a video of your planes and how they balance with all the gear installed