The FliteTest Appreciation Thread!

3DMad5

I Like SBach 342's
So I just wanted to start a thread to thank FliteTest for all they have done for me as a flyer, and for the modelling community in general. each episode has been a wonderful resource of information and by immersing myself in this information, I have become a better flyer, an I presume many others have too.

I would also like to thank FliteTest for the amazing website they have created, where people can post their own tips and tricks and do their part in educating the rest of us flyers.

Long live FliteTest!

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
Yeah, I used to love the videos, but over the last couple of months I've really appreciated the forum community. Thanks for making all this available!

earthsciteach

Great thread! Chad and crew have done a phenominal job in helping out the rc community, particularly beginners. I really enjoy the forum, in large part due to the friendly nature of it. I don't see the ugliness that happens on other forums.

Thank you, flitetest!

3DMad5

I Like SBach 342's
Great thread! Chad and crew have done a phenominal job in helping out the rc community, particularly beginners. I really enjoy the forum, in large part due to the friendly nature of it. I don't see the ugliness that happens on other forums.

Thank you, flitetest!

The friendly atmosphere is one of the things I enjoy most about the FliteTest forum. With larger forums there are many users, some of whom are easliy rubbed the wrong way and some of whom just want to annoy others. I have not seen this on the FliteTest forum, and I hope not to. Being a smallish forum, it is easy to read many different threads easily and quickly.

TommyG

I'd like to thank FliteTest, but in particular their community they have created. With the support encouragement and resources here I was able to fly a plane yesterday for several minutes then land it somewhat controlled (I then followed up with a Nose dive :(). This was also only my second attempt ever at flying a RC plane. I'm now 110% hooked and want more!

TommyG

Congrats, TommyG! That is awesome! What plane were you flying?

Cheers!

It's a plane called an Avispad(photo in this post). Its made out of Coroflute (cheaper than foamboard in Australia), so its a bit heavy. But its as solid as a rock!

My first attempt at flying ripped out one of the skewers holding the wing on, smashed the prop and DIY Aluminium motor mount.

After my first smooth flight (2nd ever attempt at flying), I had a good landing but taxied into a tree stump :confused: My fingers were shaking on the sticks with excitement.

I settled my nerves and put it back up, not sure what went wrong at this point. The ESC may have cut out the motor on low power as I was making my final approach (forgot to switch on the flight timer in all the excitement).

Alternative blackbox analysis, a control wire to the left aileron broke free, it also became very sluggish to bank around (could this have been from a lack of power too?)

Anyway, damage is minimal: smashed prop & firewall, tail servo gear stripped, right aileron servo ripped out, left aileron servo control horn needs replacing. Fuse and wing are otherwise in 98% health. Off to the hardware store today for a piece of plywood fix it up tonight and right to fly another day!

Thanks again to anyone that has anything to do with FliteTest (especially the community, without an audience there would be no reason for FT to exist!) Its only through the wealth of information available here that I was able to achieve what I have.

Last edited:

3DMad5

I Like SBach 342's
I'd like to thank FliteTest, but in particular their community they have created. With the support encouragement and resources here I was able to fly a plane yesterday for several minutes then land it somewhat controlled (I then followed up with a Nose dive :(). This was also only my second attempt ever at flying a RC plane. I'm now 110% hooked and want more!

It's great to know that FliteTest is attracting new people to the hobby and giving them the support and encouragement they need.

DejaD

ARG=almost ready to glue
Count me among the ranks of the grateful. I have been a fan since the early days and have enjoyed every webisode. The website is among the best I have seen and much better than most. The way it is set up to be so interactive with the articles and so forth is unique and offers things that other sites don't offer. Congrats and THANK YOU! to Chad for his insight and ability to give us what we want and need as RC Pilots, to Josh and Josh for making it so enjoyable to watch, to the entire production crew for putting it all together and making it look so professional and to all the helpful and friendly participants on the forums, lots of knowledge freely excahnged here on a daily basis without all the drama found elsewhere. A class act all the way around. Thanks Again!.

Good Kebo

Yeah, I used to think of boats all day long (when I wasn't thinking of the fairer sex) but now I think of scratch building/flying fpv planes and editing flight videos all day long. I guess that is a good thing....All FliteTests fault. Thank You guys! Seriously. You do a fantastic job. Thanks for the ideas and inspiration. Rock on Dudes!