The FT Bf-109 (We all saw it, now are you going to build one?)

Ryan O.

Out of Foam Board!
As we all saw in the painting video and several others, the BF-109 master series seems to be done. The Speed Build Kit will be in maker foam, which is pretty cool as is, but in the painting video there was also the painting template. I for one will be getting a kit and likely installing the same prop drive motor David used in the old speed challenge episode. I want to make mine go fast, but because of that I might clip the wingtips. My ideal paint scheme is from the Finnish Air Force. I'll also us the spinner from Dynam.
1586709310402.png

OliverW

Legendary member
As we all saw in the painting video and several others, the BF-109 master series seems to be done. The Speed Build Kit will be in maker foam, which is pretty cool as is, but in the painting video there was also the painting template. I for one will be getting a kit and likely installing the same prop drive motor David used in the old speed challenge episode. I want to make mine go fast, but because of that I might clip the wingtips. My ideal paint scheme is from the Finnish Air Force. I'll also us the spinner from Dynam. View attachment 165691
I have to build one... it is one of my favorite planes!

Indy durtdigger

Elite member
Hopefully not long at all. Skip to about the 17 minute mark and have a look see what is flying cover for the tank they did in this vid.

Or just look at the thumbnail I suppose.

Last edited:

leaded50

Legendary member
uniform rounded oval shaped fuselage frontpart with propline in center, rear fuselage close to sleeker shape of Spitfire/P40 with a touch more squared top, this aint too difficult to scratchbuild.....;) Much similarity P40 wings,eg...

Attachments

• Bf_109_E_3_Matt_001_1024x1024.jpg
    Bf_109_E_3_Matt_001_1024x1024.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 0

Ryan O.

Out of Foam Board!
I wonder if there will be an option to make different versions with different wingtips. If there is an etched line on the wing skins showing you where to cut, all of the wingtip variations could be made, which would be pretty cool.

leaded50

Legendary member
on the original plane, it was not only wingtips who was changed, they did also get a wider chord at fuselage...

OliverW

Legendary member
If you're too impatient to wait for the free plans, I found something that everyone here will appreciate lol

Ryan O.

Out of Foam Board!
I wonder if flite test will include an optional petruding intake like on the G variant. That could either be folded together or simply made by layered up pieces of foam board. If not. I'll just make one. It'll also be interesting to see how many people make E 109's, and how many make G/F 109's. I don't know if the A and B variants will be as popular, though some had twin blade props, which means it's easier to make a more "scale" model. For my BF-109, I've decided to change the motor and run it on 6s. To get an accurate speed reading, I'm going to use an Eagle tree Pitot tube, but I don't think that putting it on the wingtip as scale is a smart move since the it has a chance of snagging the grass. I may also put it on top of the vertcal stabilizer, but then I risk gettinf artificially high speeds due to the propwash. I could make a jig to mount it on top of the wing, but that adds drag and would look weird, so I may decide to make it detatchable. Also, just for fun, how many people say ME-109, and how many say BF-109? I personally say BF-109, but there is no right way because the Germans used both, sometimes even in the same document.
1591677440126.jpg
1591677646706.jpg

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
I personally say me-109. I might build one, but if I do it won’t be now. I have a lot of other things to build and my skills just aren’t there yet. Also, if I do a master series I will be doing the mustang before this.

Ryan O.

Out of Foam Board!
Still checking the store every day to see if it's in stock 😕 They were talking about releasing the Ugly Stick, 109, and T-28 around the same time a few months ago, so I guess it isn't a delay in just the BF-109.

Last edited:

Ryan O.

Out of Foam Board!
Well actually the simple stick is out, so hopefully BF-109 within the next 2 months is my guess🤞🤞🤞I got a 1400mm FMS BF-109, so I'll try to use that model, pictures, and War Thunder as a reference for some of the scale bits on my non speed demon 109. I think I'll build the not speedy 109 first since Hobbyking King STILL ISN'T SHIPPING AND MANY OF THE PARTS ARE STILL OUT OF STOCK. I think many of the parts are basically discontinued, but Hobbyking still hasn't changed it on their website. Kinda like how some Great planes parts have been "in stock next October" for the past year or so.