The Great 2020 Quarantine Build-Off?

CustomRCMods

Elite member
Worked on a new plane tonight... found some old wings from a walmart glider and decided to have a spin at it. I know this has been done before but here’s my take. any thoughts or things i should watch out for?
60EE1386-319E-4BC2-8FD0-9366194D5153.jpeg

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
I found a canopy to work on the Reno Racer...
20200402_204830.jpg

The skin panel under the canopy was an ugly transition to the tail section so i needed something to cover that up. The Mustang canopy was the right size for that job and it is close in shape to the Sea Fury canopy from the side. Its not scale but it will do. Other then that the tail is square and level to the wing, wing is now glued in place, the elevator control rod is hooked up and all that's left is the nose cone and the wing root fairings. It might not be the most scale or prettiest bird but it will be a solid fun plane to fly

Hoomi

Master member
Some great builds going, and looking forward to maiden reports &/or videos.

I worked some this afternoon and evening on putting my Freewing 64mm A-10 back together.

Nancy cut my "Planedemic" stickers for the Bushwacker, so when I finish up the paint, I can decorate it for the occasion.

CustomRCMods

Elite member
Now that was fast! How fast do you think it was @SquirrelTail ?
Clocked it on my old setup with a 9x6 and a Turnigy D2836/8 1100kv doing 81mph, This setup is considerably more powerful (SunnkySky 2216 1250kv, 10x7 prop) I will have to try and get a reading sometime!

I'm hopeful for this setup... motor was only slightly warm to the touch after running a full pack through on full throttle. I'm impressed. Might be time to pull out the 11x7 ;).