The Great 2020 Quarantine Build-Off?

CustomRCMods

Elite member
Guess I'd throw in a design in here since I've got nothing better to do. View attachment 164844
Its mix of a Bf-109, a P-51, some Russian designs, and a good bit of my own zest. It's pretty small with a 18" wingspan. I'm making it tomorrow (or tonight, depends really). I might make plans available, depending on how good it flies, and depending on if i can figure out how to make CAD files into PDFs.
go ahead and draw out a 20x30 rectangle, then place the parts inside as desired. divide into 8 sections if you desire to make tiles. Then utilize the “ snapshot” function in the plot menu and arrange the box around the individual tile. Then instead of choosing a plotter, hit “save as pdf”

crimpson

go ahead and draw out a 20x30 rectangle, then place the parts inside as desired. divide into 8 sections if you desire to make tiles. Then utilize the “ snapshot” function in the plot menu and arrange the box around the individual tile. Then instead of choosing a plotter, hit “save as pdf”
Thank you good sir. I have my plans set up a bit differently, though
1586320922560.png

I have all of the pieces separated onto letter-sized pieces of paper just to make the process easier for myself when laying it out on foam board. I'd imagine it's the same deal with this though

CustomRCMods

Elite member
Thank you good sir. I have my plans set up a bit differently, though View attachment 164867
I have all of the pieces separated onto letter-sized pieces of paper just to make the process easier for myself when laying it out on foam board. I'd imagine it's the same deal with this though
very similar, of course you are working on a much smaller airplane, so you can get away with that. I used that method to make the plans for my 7ft long semi scale replica of the concorde, much different. Anyways best of luck, if you have more questions let me know!

https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/customrcmods-concorde-build-project.57631/#post-460213

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
:Rant incoming:
Everybody copies everybody nowadays, very few things are completely original. Ft didn't invent building planes with fb, they just made a business out if it. You can't go discredit a company because they do something similar to someone else. If you ever go buy a quad frame where do you buy from? It seems like you won't buy from the "copycats" so how do you choose which company to buy a frame from?

Wildthing

Legendary member
Everybody copies everybody nowadays, very few things are completely original. Ft didn't invent building planes with fb, they just made a business out if it. You can't go discredit a company because they do something similar to someone else. If you ever go buy a quad frame where do you buy from? It seems like you won't buy from the "copycats" so how do you choose which company to buy a frame from?

Really everyone is copying unless it is an original design from conception to completion .

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
Another thing you can do if you don't have a program to do that, you can save the file as a full size sheet and
print them with a regular household printer if you use Adobe Reader. All you have to do is open up the plans in Adobe Reader and select print. After the print window opens up there should be a section in the middle of the window labeled "Page Sizing & Handling" right below that there should be options to choose between "Size" "Poster" "Multiple" and "Booklet" You are going to want to select the "Poster" option. Next, ensure your tile scale is set to 100%, your overlap is set at 0.005 in. and that you have the "Tile only large pages" option selected. You can also select "Cut marks" which will make taping the sheets of paper together easier, but it will increase your page count from 8 to 12. Lastly, go down to the bottom of the print window and click print.
Note: If you do not have the poster option on your laptop you may need to upgrade to the latest version of Adobe Reader. It may even be old enough that looking in the program options for updates does not work. You will have to go to Adobe website to get new version.
This is what I've always done and works great for me.

"Corpse"

Legendary member
Good point. It seemed like that company was making money off of FT's idea. But since it isn't even FT's idea to build FB airplanes, and The Hangar RC is making their own designs, I'm okay with that.

Tench745

Master member
Guess I'd throw in a design in here since I've got nothing better to do. View attachment 164844
Its mix of a Bf-109, a P-51, some Russian designs, and a good bit of my own zest. It's pretty small with a 18" wingspan. I'm making it tomorrow (or tonight, depends really). I might make plans available, depending on how good it flies, and depending on if i can figure out how to make CAD files into PDFs.

In AutoCAD you can just hit plot, and when it asks which printer you want to use select "DWG to PDF"
cad screencap 3.JPG
For my drawings I like to do a layout for each sheet of parts and to put them all in a PDF file together you can do a "batch plot."
cad screencap 2.JPG